CityBuilder - share ideas/comments

Author (Read 38449 times)

Re: CityBuilder - share ideas/comments
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
thanks already for your efforts, i hope you will be able to find how to reproduce it, otherwise it would be really hard to fix.

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:40 pm »

clevername

• I'd rather be rich than stupid
    • View Profile
I noticed a bug while playing CityBuilder yesterday.  I relocated my HQ within my claimed town in order to reconfigure a train station.  I had claimed the town when the population was about 450, and when I moved the HQ it was around 1,200.  The map still showed the town as "clevername Transport's town" but I kept getting messages saying I can't claim towns larger than 500 and the score list showed my inhabitants as 0.

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

innocenat

• View Profile
While playing on k1 today I noticed that I can make track from outside to inside of claimed area and the system didn't demolish my tracks, while if I start building inside they works as expected.

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »

Knogle

• CB Wizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Thanks for reporting this, it should be fixed in the next test phrase, can't exactly say when it'll be though.

While playing on k1 today I noticed that I can make track from outside to inside of claimed area and the system didn't demolish my tracks, while if I start building inside they works as expected.

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2012, 05:41:20 pm »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
maybe implement the no station walking rule? its very handy to crowded places like citybuilding cities

here andreas showed me how its done

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
Quote from: Official Multiplayer Rules
If you discover an exploit which creates wealth, gives an unfair advantage against other players or prevents the normal operation of the game server, report it to the OpenTTD developers so the vulnerability can be closed.
Don't abuse bugs or exploits because this only harms OpenTTD gameplay and destroys the gameplay of other people.
station walking is an exploit so it's already covered. but i still agree that it might be good to explicitly list it on the rules because it's quite attractive to do it on CB servers.

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
and here's a quick heads-up of what has been changed to the CB development version compared to the version still running on our CB test servers:
  • protection area signs now change accordingly when the company name was changed
  • improved performance and stability of code for protection area signs (signs should be placed faster now)
  • it is no longer possible to build in a protected area by placing the end of a road/rail/canal outside of the area
  • towns can no longer be claimed when their protected area would overlap with the protected area of another claimed town
  • fixed not all road stations getting removed from protected area when several were built by dragging the mouse
  • fixed protection area not working when town was too close to the map edge
  • fixed protection area signs not appearing when town was too close to the map edge
  • added punishments for repeated protected area violations of a player (warning and move to spectators in first step, kick in second step)
  • added protection area exceptions: companies that already built something in an area that is claimed later can continue to build there despite the protection

this will go live onto the servers at some point this weekend, but they will still stay TEST servers. what i think is still missing before the servers can become official (and drop the "TEST" from their names):
  • new score system (see this thread)
  • protect players from having their town destroyed (or their protected area in general)
  • support for loading a savegame, right now CB games cannot be restored from .sav files (GS doesn't work anymore afterwards)
  • bugs found during the next test period
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:31:01 pm by YorVeX »

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2012, 11:54:35 am »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
Batt and I found one bug:
When a company gets reset and another company with the same number is started, the signs at the old location reapear. The area is not claimed but all 5 signs are there and even change names when the new company changes.

For the rest everything seems to work as expected.
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2012, 09:10:33 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
good find, there was a small mistake in the code so that the signs didn't get removed when a company was closed or merged. fixed it now, i think we are ready to upgrade server #1 and #k1 then.

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2012, 11:51:38 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
CityBuilder test servers #1 and #k1 have been updated, changelog two posts above