You are Here:
EPIC FAILS

Author (Read 55041 times)

EPIC FAILS
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought since we are using forum daily, we may as well have some fun. Ofc , for the respect of the players i insist that we keep it anonymous so no posting of the name and country of player who did this. However, we can post the server where we found it.:)

Enjoy!

Re: EPIC FAILS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I found this today on server 8. I believe you really need skills to do such a thing:)

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 04:44:36 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
looooool
Don't worry, be happy :D

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 12:37:08 am »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
haha nice one  ;D

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:59:41 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
still thinking if I'll call "Monorail power" or "Wooden lover"... here it is :)

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:37 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
haha wooden maglev bridge would have been even better, maybe we should give a "Wood Lover" achievement for it, or we call it "Futuristic Nostalgia"  8)

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
so cool :D
Don't worry, be happy :D

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 04:14:17 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
so cool :D
I think xOR was expecting a "so cuuuute:P

"Futuristic Nostalgia" <3

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 12:43:08 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New One:

He built all those waypoints...to get the final result: 1 train in the queue and 3 free platforms...

Genious!!! Batt...why didn`t we think of this?:)

Picture taken in Server 5 on 25.08.2012

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:33 am »

ST2

• View Profile
it's a example on some players still don't understand what PBS signals means (ofc, ttd wikis don't help much there: try Advanced Settings --> Interface --> Display options --> Activate "Show reserved tracks" option. Basically explained here: http://wiki.openttd.org/Signals
Meanwhile, I respect ALL players that use pre-signals correctly - because was a hard learning before PBS take that to the easy level. My opinion, ofc :)
So, in my humble opinion, how would be actual players gameplay without PBS and Waypoints? I've seen many of those... I've been of of those too... until learned how to work with new signal types... and in same way players that are not used to the new ones can ask: do anyone know how to use properlly the pre-signals? And yes... all of them are available: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48606680/Selection2668755.png. But the question remains... would it be Epic Fails backwards?

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 08:36:05 am »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i used those in the past, but i learned here that it is much easier to build an extra track :)

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 09:01:51 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
it's a example on some players still don't understand what PBS signals means (ofc, ttd wikis don't help much there: try Advanced Settings --> Interface --> Display options --> Activate "Show reserved tracks" option. Basically explained here: http://wiki.openttd.org/Signals
Meanwhile, I respect ALL players that use pre-signals correctly - because was a hard learning before PBS take that to the easy level. My opinion, ofc :)
So, in my humble opinion, how would be actual players gameplay without PBS and Waypoints? I've seen many of those... I've been of of those too... until learned how to work with new signal types... and in same way players that are not used to the new ones can ask: do anyone know how to use properlly the pre-signals? And yes... all of them are available: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48606680/Selection2668755.png. But the question remains... would it be Epic Fails backwards?

The problem is not the signals. The problem is that he was so scared that his passenger station containing many routes would block....that he actually placed so many waypoints. The station`s capacity has been largely affected by those waypoints

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 08:27:32 pm »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:17:07 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hahaha....u were faster then me. Perhaps he ran out of iron ore and tried to get the steel out of the coal:)

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 10:27:09 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
... and commiting the deadly error on #6... not avoiding farms (despite the fact that OpenTTD steel mills work on gas... not coal :P)