You are Here:
regarding the goal

Author (Read 13881 times)

regarding the goal
« on: May 06, 2018, 11:27:30 am »

Lorne Malvo

• View Profile
Hey guys, I', new around here and to openttd. I played a few games and this is my favourite server so far. But it seems to me the only available "random" cargos are mail, steel, goods and valuables. 50k mail is pretty hard. Steel is okay. Goods are easily done under 3 hours. But valuables are close to undoable. At the start of the game the bank in your city will be the only one on the map. After 10 years there might be 10 Cities with Banks. This would take forever, right?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:24:01 pm by Chucky »

Re: regarding the goal
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:35:55 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi and Welcome to n-ice community, Lorne Malvo !

Glad to see that you like the server. In fact the server script is still in testphase so I´m happy about every feedback as you pointed out for example. So we can discuss how to fix it and I´m try to program it. So, what are your suggestions in detail ?

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 08:30:32 pm »

Stu

• View Profile
Was playing this recently and agree with Lorne's comments (I know they are quite old but they still stand).

I think the main issue is not so much the cargo type but perhaps the amount.
50K goods is far easier to achieve than 50K steel as you can generate goods from far more sources.

Is there a way of changing the target amount depending on what the cargo is?

So 50K goods or 25K steel would be a good start. Not played with other cargo so can't estimate these.
They could be dialled in over time but you'd want a game to be around the same length.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 05:20:55 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Stu,

currently the server is running by game script with an equal amount of items because this comes by the main setting for program of server called xShunter. Means: A game script controls the current game (with randomize cargos) and the program of server is watching the progress of goal. I´ll check for a solution soon.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 01:39:24 pm »

Janestarz

• View Profile
Ran the 50k steel challenge on this server last night. After several hours of playing I was halfway there but it was past my bedtime ^.^

Fun scenario to play, I love big cargo runs and trying to get them to run smoothly with several intersections. The only problem I see with this at the moment is monopolising the iron ore mines to get to the 50k goal. Would be much harder to achieve if two or more companies are vying for the same supplies to get to the goal.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 06:14:56 pm »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes, the iron mines limitation does it make it harder, but as we all should know, iron is a primary industry and thus primaries are shareable @ N-ice.  A lot of players try not to share with others, myself included, but if there were a scenario in x2 where 2 or more players had a realistic chance of winning it, they'd have to share.  Therefore if a dispute occurs, an admin should be called via sign as per usual and the problem sorted soon after..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:18:01 pm by Kyrre »

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 12:57:49 pm »

Janestarz

• View Profile
That's good to know. I knew not to monopolise but wasn't aware it didn't apply to primary industries. Thanks for clarifying!