You are Here:
co-op openttd

Author (Read 16247 times)

co-op openttd
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »

ragul ftw

• i suck, get over it.
    • View Profile
as many people know i like to play co-op on openttd, so i wanted to start a topic where people can come to setup co-op games on servers with other people.

include info for your game like:
what server
the datethe time
and how many people you want in your company

Good Luck to all you open ttd players :)

Re: co-op openttd
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:40:39 am »

Cossack

• arl hook u in the gabber
    • View Profile
NOTE: If anyone decides to go co-op with ragul whilst i am present then prepare to have your arse handed to you on a silver platter.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »

ragul ftw

• i suck, get over it.
    • View Profile
i didn;t mean co-op with me
i meant co-op with who ever plays n-ice
so you can  :-X it cossack

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:11 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
i didn;t mean co-op with me
i meant co-op with who ever plays n-ice
so you can  :-X it cossack

I don`t even want to talk about it just because Ragul wrote it:) It gives me fear:))

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:50:28 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
well, this topic seems interesting... it would be nice to see some players write here about that :D
i mean, i can kill them easily this way...sounds fun to me :D
Don't worry, be happy :D

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:57:10 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, with the risk of looking like i got no modesty, when it comes to co-op i accept only certain players in my company.That`s because i believe that if i co-op with someone , that person must have at least the same standards of building like me (i wouldn`t want anyone building a rail system with signal no5 or having small curves)

I also support this kind of strategy since co-op works better when both players have the same understanding of the game.
I had games where i didn`t respect this rule...and all the game i was like "don`t touch this, don`t touch that" just because my team-mate started changing them  cause of various reasons so i`ve learned my lesson.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 01:31:47 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
Well, with the risk of looking like i got no modesty, when it comes to co-op i accept only certain players in my company.That`s because i believe that if i co-op with someone , that person must have at least the same standards of building like me (i wouldn`t want anyone building a rail system with signal no5 or having small curves)

I also support this kind of strategy since co-op works better when both players have the same understanding of the game.
I had games where i didn`t respect this rule...and all the game i was like "don`t touch this, don`t touch that" just because my team-mate started changing them  cause of various reasons so i`ve learned my lesson.

i agree, everything else will always lead to frustration on both sides.
the only exception would be if you do a "tandem game" to train someone else. like you let a newbie in your company so he can learn from you and you can show him stuff. but ofc that must be clear before the game starts so you know you probably won't win this game. BUT: helping others can give a satisfying feeling of win too, right? at least when they are really willing to learn :)

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

+1

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile

the only exception would be if you do a "tandem game" to train someone else. like you let a newbie in your company so he can learn from you and you can show him stuff. but ofc that must be clear before the game starts so you know you probably won't win this game. BUT: helping others can give a satisfying feeling of win too, right? at least when they are really willing to learn :)

true:) Or yet they can come back the second day and use the ideas he saw against you and saying that they were his all the time:) That happened to me but i won`t name the player. So enough teaching for me:)

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 02:16:09 am »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

true:) Or yet they can come back the second day and use the ideas he saw against you and saying that they were his all the time:) That happened to me but i won`t name the player. So enough teaching for me:)

i didn't do that :D and sometimes u play with me too :D that means i'm a good girl :P

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 05:19:09 am »

Knogle

• CB Wizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Why is this in the "off topic" forum, it's clearly on topic!

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:39:05 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why is this in the "off topic" forum, it's clearly on topic!

u are right:D