You are Here:
[Implemented] FIRS?

Author (Read 19917 times)

Re: FIRS?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33:20 am »

Sweety

• View Profile
mh, i was hoping that a common picture would form here about which server to convert to FIRS. however, it doesn't really seem that this happens. my gut feeling tells me that it would make sense to simply take the server that is currently the least "successful" one (by looking at the average player count it has). that should be server 1.
it's no goal server, which is probably the reason why it doesn't attract as many players as the other servers. so maybe we should convert this one to FIRS and also make it a goal server (as suggested by alex before)?

It shouldnt hurt to do that, if almost no one plays on 1 then there shouldnt be any bad feelings. Also you could "temporarily" convert 1 to FIRS to check how much attention it would get.

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:42 pm »

Batt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
questions:
1. should we try FIRS? pro? contra?
2. which of the servers should become a FIRS server.
3. what additional (setting) changes should be made to that server so it's running properly with FIRS?

input please  :D

1. I tried FIRS on BTPro. It's less confusing and more popular than ECS.
2. Server #1, since it's least popular. (we could revive #4 as a medium goal and convert #2 to a CityBuilder later).
3. Here's the list:
- Short goal (50 mil. euros), so people can get used to it.
- No breakdowns  :P
- Same additional GRF's as on the BTPro.
- 512x1024 map, if possible

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hehe, I agree with Batt, except the fact that i think that 1024x1024 would be better since FIRS is a bit new .....and a larger map where players could express themselves would do better.

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »

Sweety

• View Profile
I agree with alex that 1024x1024 would be best for map with so many new industries. As for goal I would like to see another version of short goal (something like 60 mil value and 800 rating). Also it would be super cool if with every server restart it would switch map type between: temperate -> arctic -> desert.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:15:18 pm by Sweety »

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

TechNoir

• View Profile
IMHO 900 rating will be perfect. There are zilions of cargos there so it will be very easy to get "perfect" rating for number of cargo delivered.

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IMHO 900 rating will be perfect. There are zilions of cargos there so it will be very easy to get "perfect" rating for number of cargo delivered.

900 performance rating seems a bit too big for a server where u don`t yet know all the cargos and you are just learning them. But i would go with 800 or 850. Also, i took in consideration the goal which we discussed (around 50 mil)

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 01:07:33 am »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
seems like finally a picture is forming. maybe we could make that reality next weekend or so (won't have enough time this weekend i'm afraid, so many other things already on the list).

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 12:17:06 pm »

McMoneysack

• View Profile
For a FIRS/ECS server, I can only say: yes please. Have never played them and would love to!

Awesome stuff btw, I'm new to n-ice and love the selection of great servers :D

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:26 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
seems like finally a picture is forming. maybe we could make that reality next weekend or so (won't have enough time this weekend i'm afraid, so many other things already on the list).

Next week-end i`ll be away...so if you delay that a bit, would be ok for me.