Rules for Admins - Alex879ro

Author (Read 16323 times)

Rules for Admins - Alex879ro
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

Major Tom

• View Profile
please read your own rules at
https://wiki.x-base.info/OpenTTD/Rules
Point 14.2. Admins  is very important for you.
And then think about your actions.
10sec. to clarify one small problem with the deletion of a company does not corespond with your own rules.

Tom
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:45:45 pm by YorVeX »

Re: Rules for Admins - Alex879ro
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No need to enter detailed rules just because they fit you better.

Don't build stations or station parts that serve the sole purpose of increasing the coverage area, sabotaging other players, increasing the station/town rating or decreasing the distance to another station.

This is rule 3. Which you clearly violated. This is very easy to read and located in the RULES section of the site.

2nd issue: You were AFK, but in reality you weren`t. Since I tried to correct your station, but you built the rule-breaking station back in front of my very own eyes.

So trying to sound very diplomat and say "think about your action"

Your rule break was extending a big station that was helping you win the game nonetheless. My decision was to fix it since I noticed you were AFK. The second I deleted that station, you built it back ,proving that you weren`t AFK. This made me decide that since you did not learn from the first chance given to you, then you didn`t deserve a 2nd chance. So I deleted the company . My advise to you: Be happy that your punishment wasn`t harsher.

Do not ask me to think about my actions when you`re the one who broke the rules repeatedly.

P.S. : From the link that you told me to watch:

For cases with high severity (active sabotage of other players, intentional vehicle destruction, insults...) admins might even kick/ban/reset company without any prior warning.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:54:12 pm by alex879ro »

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
opinion as a mere observer:
- Major Tom, before point to the link you provided, I'll recommend same link, but READ ALL: https://wiki.x-base.info/OpenTTD/Rules. (the major failure was here)
- alex879ro, would be nice specify the rule break in signs placed, to player understand what was done wrong, instead of the signs used.

Note: it's only my opinion for what I've seen.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:45:16 pm by YorVeX »

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:10:35 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not a bad idea. For players that mistake by accident it would indeed be a plus.

Players that break the rules knowingly (current case) wouldn`t be persuaded.

Still, not a bad idea...I`ll try to remember it ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:55 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
It's not a bad idea at all, I'm glad that I've shared it...

Players that break the rules knowingly (current case) wouldn`t be persuaded.
I trully hope you're only speculating because all we can see register date (BUT not an excuse for Major Tom's rule breaks)

Still, not a bad idea...I`ll try to remember it ;)
finally: I still think major failure was on player not respecting current rules, but why not a sign saying what rules was violated?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48606680/0x19A83A.png
personally, I see more then a violation there (why I've said, the major failure was here - player side)
but the player only "Point 14.2" because you haven't said and pointed him wich rules he was breaking.

As I said... noticed as simple observer...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:01:37 pm by ST2 »

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 02:45:26 pm »

crazyarno

• View Profile
It looks like that the player is left angry after his burst of flair. Despite the fact that he even played with [AFK], and did not respond to admins saying.
Trail, I see that the administrator would be guilty.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:49:32 pm »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
It looks like that the player is left angry after his burst of flair. Despite the fact that he even played with [AFK], and did not respond to admins saying.
Trail, I see that the administrator would be guilty.

Yeah I am affraid that I have no clue what you mean... first I thought you were defending Alex, but that last sentence made me wonder.
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 04:09:00 pm »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I see that the administrator would be guilty.

Alex followed the rule by the word ((active sabotage of other players, intentional vehicle destruction, insults...) .... means ignoring admins) , how on earth can he be guilty. Major Tom is lucky he didn't get Temp-Ban, as I remember Alex gets easily annoyed ;)

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 06:00:02 pm »

Cossack

• arl hook u in the gabber
    • View Profile
Complaints about Alex? Nothing new here.

Something must be done! ;)

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 06:18:52 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Like what Cossack? Are you even trying to say that you didn`t deserve your ban? :P

About this guy, no, I didn`t tempban him. I just reseted his company since he was winning with the cheat and he wasn`t deserving that. My only guilt (as concluded very good by St2) was the fact that it didn`t cross my mind to explain the rule violation in the signs. But he would have ignored it anyway since I barely got to write "Illegal station extension, sign placed by admin Alex879ro" , and one second after, he rebuilt it.

That was the moment when I decided that he did not deserve to win the game with such a behaviour. So I took a screenshot and reseted the company.

As for you Cossack...yes, I know you`re upset ^^. I`m the only admin that tried to civilise you :P 

As for the reply "complaints about alex?nothing new here." , I would suggest to take a look again in a forum full by complaints against you ^^

@St2 In the last comment, i guess you didn`t see that I said that he had the [AFK] sign
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:22:38 pm by alex879ro »

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »

crazyarno

• View Profile
Ok that What I Would say, Google translater translates my Thinks a bit    different what I whanted to say. & I would to say >>>
I see that the administrator wouldn't be guilty.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 09:19:40 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I fully agree with ST2's point of view here ...
The player was at fault (more than one rule break) and deserved the punishment.

Although Alex did the right thing, and the player probably wouldn't be persuaded to play by the rules, it's still a really good idea to tell him what he did wrong. Similar to how you always have an explanation ready when you actually ban someone.
This would most likely reduce the angry responses afterwards in case the player at fault calmed down and actually thought about what went wrong.

Who knows they might reform like Cossack and play by the rules later without the need of a ban ^.^

@Crazyarno: yeah google translate really bad sometimes. Your correction makes more sense =D

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »

Cossack

• arl hook u in the gabber
    • View Profile
Looool I was only joking but i'm pretty sure i've seen people complain about you before :P

but about rule breakers, turns out if you just obey the rules everything is less hassle (and less interesting ;) )

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 09:58:18 pm »

Major Tom

• View Profile
The Rules for Admis - I repeat it.

14.2. Admins
Admins follow a fixed protocol if they spot a rule violation.
    Ask the player to fix his rule violations
    If a player does not respond within 30 seconds lock his company to get his attention
    Wait for the player to respond
        10 minutes for cases where nobody is disturbed by the rule violation (nobody is actively blocked, nobody complained)
        2 minutes for cases where someone is disturbed by the rule violation (someone is actively blocked or complained about it)
    If the player did not respond or refuses to fix the rule violation within that time an admin will reset his company

For cases with low severity admins can always decide (and are encouraged) to wait longer than the above mentioned time or even help a player by joining his company to fix the problems.

For cases with high severity (active sabotage of other players, intentional vehicle destruction, insults...) admins might even kick/ban/reset company without any prior warning.

This are the rules.

Now please explain my Questions .

1. You ask me about the rule violations?                          -                no
2. You lock my Company for my attention ?                       -                no
3. Wait for my respondend some minutes ?                      -                no

For cases with low severity admins can always decide (and are encouraged) to wait longer than the above mentioned time or even help a player by joining his company to fix the problems.

Yes, I wish, if i make a mistake you can help me to recocnize the problem. Thats a good the way to learn. Deleting without an explanation do no not help everyone.

Do i one of this things ?                                                   -          i think   no

The construction from this Station was in process.  It was not finished. This Part was not yet in use.  If your screenshot can be a little bit greater, explicid the right side you can see that. 
In the time during i place some Parts there, i cant see any Sign.  (Its a miracle)
I think you are too fast in your decisions.

What do you mean with "You were AFK". How can I do that ? I dont understand that.
Do you have a Explanation.  Please talk with me and i be very Happy.

And the Last. 
Is it forbidden Trainstations, Airports and Busstations to Interconnected ? I cant understand that, i can see some of this Examples every Game.

Tom

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Having a rule-break in a major station that allows to win the game against the competition is a high severity case. Still, when I entered you had the [AFK] sign.

Therefore I tried to fix it and leave you a sign. I didn`t even finish the sign, and you re-built the station which broke the rules.

In that moment, I decided to stop giving you a 2nd chance and to delete your company since YOU WEREN`T deserving to win.

Also, even if that protocol is standard, it doesn`t apply to when players are AFK or pretending to be. Therefore all your questions do not have a point. You were supposed to be AFK when I placed the signs.

Still, attacking the fact that you did not see the signs and also that you do not understand what being afk means does not make me believe you.
You knew about how to remain AFK even when you shouted at me to delete your account. You found yourself here. So please do not try to convince me that you did not see the signs and that you don`t know about being AFK.

Instead of trying to find your way here and complain , you could have read the Rules page earlier. This would have been better instead of spending time in the Rules for Admins. But still, you are trying to accuse even if it was you who broke the rules.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:29:26 pm by alex879ro »