You are Here:
Tips for best score

Author (Read 8493 times)

Tips for best score
« on: February 13, 2020, 01:09:38 am »

Odd

• View Profile
Does anyone know how to get best score on this server? I can see an awesome record - 84 points. But how?

Re: Tips for best score
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 05:29:52 am »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well, max64 I've seen a few times, and he tended to use far too many engines to enable a higher cv quicker than usual...  Careful though as there's a known cheat which is similar; in which you can rush the cv by buying loads of engines which if not used is considered cheating.
Despite my own and others suspicions, I've never caught max64 cheating, but in my opinion, getting 84 points but more so finishing in 2 years is impossible (given to finish in 2 years you have only 7 quarters as the 8th quarter is the start of a new year - so approx 20 mins)! but if you can do that, that's how to get a good score :)

on s10, (death valley) max64 would use his company hq in a corner and send a pax train with 1 carriage of passengers and the rest engines, presume another strategy he may of used on this server too.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:36:48 am by Kyrre »

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:12:35 pm »

Odd

• View Profile
So, I finally did it. Finished game in two years (36 minutes), earned 63 points.
I utilized six big (1.6k-2.7k) cities in one corner of the map and just single city (1.6k) on other corner. Also, at the end I started to transfer wood, coal, goods and etc. to increase performance. But that was not enough for 80+ points.
Kyrre, you made a mistake in your assumption: to finish in two years you have 11 quarters instead of 7.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 08:49:16 pm »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
yeah i did... :) i don't think i'd make a good coder :p