You are Here:

Poll

What do you think is the more likely scenario for yourself being disconnected on Server 8:

Too many vehicles on the map/or individual company/s
1 (25%)
Too many signals on the map/or individual company/s
0 (0%)
Too much data being transferred due to excessive growing of towns/cities
1 (25%)
A combination of option 1,2, or 3
2 (50%)
Too many players in the game
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: September 12, 2019, 06:18:52 am

Things that get us disconnected on server 8.

Author (Read 4028 times)

Things that get us disconnected on server 8.
« on: August 12, 2019, 06:18:52 am »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Server 8 is like my 3rd favorite N-ice server, after x3, and s5 (though s5, only recently this year, due to being unable to connect to s8 regularly; especially after 2037).

Having played : N-ice for approximately 4 years, I've seen many players take steps to win games on this server.  Their steps aren't necessarily skill based, more so connection based.

Currently (as in the time of this poll) i don't bother even starting games on s8, due to option 4.  Whilst this isn't against the rules, it does present itself as a problem hence this poll.

In the past I've been disconnected here due to option 1, 2, 3 and 4; the number of players in my opinion makes little difference pending what they actually do.

What it comes down to, is internet speed (sorry to say); since the game is free, i would expect the internet connection used to connect to it would be of similar value, for it is mine.  My internet is free, so it makes sense to me, that i use my free internet to connect to a free game.  But....  Others it seems have invested in better internet connections, and as such are able to ramp up what they can build on this server at the expense of others inferior connections.

Like i said my internet is free: using www.speedtest.net my internet connection is as follows: 
PING: 25 ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps: 6.35
UPLOAD Mbps: 0.78

My connection is adequate for everything i do on the internet except playing on server 8...  I suspect others to dwarf these figures, and as such take advantage.