You are Here:
Complaint/Query ???

Author (Read 5047 times)

Complaint/Query ???
« on: January 31, 2019, 06:43:27 pm »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've been playing the larger servers as of late, and I've noticed a trend by one player in particular.  It's something I used to do for others on x1, but in doing so the others who may have benefitted could not guarantee I would do it, so it could not be construed as cheating as they were not doing it, merely joining and capitalising on how the map has changed...

Apparently, using multiple companies to get ahead is forbidden, yet this is what's going on, it's just a more long-winded version.  What I used to do on x1, was grow bought cities, I'd name them Naz Town/ Gopher Town & ST73 Town, as those were the active players at the time.  Subsequently, through no fault of their own, when they started late on x1, they were presented with either 2 or 4 very large optimally placed cities and had the privilege of utilising maglev.  My purpose back then was growing cities, not winning the game.

However, what is going on now, is Budelerra is resetting his company shortly before maglev 4, so that he's regained the income he had prior, ready for maglev 4.  If we couple the notion that he re-uses the same set of "grown" industries, then that to me is the same scenario as growing megacities on x1, for myself (aka reset on maglev 3) which I've never done, I only grew cities (on x1) to master that process...

So this is not a direct complaint against Budelerra, but does explain how he gets the scores that he does. 

What this thread is, is a question:  Is this allowed?; If so, I'll be shrouding my tracks in trees shortly before resetting, as that should help no end remaking the tracks...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:00:29 pm by Kyrre »

Re: Complaint/Query ???
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:38:27 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, it is a kind of multi-company cheat - a more long run form. I have talk to another admin and got same answer. So the games in question will be cleaned soon and I will talk to the named player.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:44:25 pm by Chucky »

Re: Complaint/Query ???
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:25:48 am »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well, thanks for the heads up, I was sort of looking forward to beating his cheat, but as you said when i reported it, not to, i haven't...

And whilst appreciate you've not spoken to the player he's doing it again as I type, see attached pictures and be amazed how much money and productions the coals have enabled him to get in his first 10 months, starting in 2036!

He's supposedly starting a fresh with coal, made £2m in his first 10m, all landscaping done, all coals productions high...