Rule # 12

Author (Read 11144 times)

Rule # 12
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:54:03 am »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi
Just a query. Is this not in violation of rule 12?

Re: Rule # 12
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:24:56 am »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
that is not a spread cheating...u can use a station in many ways...u don't need to make it for only one line...if u understand what i mean...i can't see a gap between, so it can't be considered spread cheating...also, the whole station was used...from what i see in the screenshot u have at least 2 trains there...
We are glad to help, so don't feel bad for asking...
better safe than sorry :)
have a n-ice day :D
Don't worry, be happy :D

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:20:36 pm »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanx for ur reply. As u said its better safe than sorry. I understand now better.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i am glad i could help :)

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 11:54:03 am »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
it would be forbidden if the train station was not used, because then the train station was only built for cheating about the coverage area (or the noise level).
but the player in the screenshot uses a trick: he still circumvents the noise level for his airport, but "legalizes" his station (for our rules) by using it. of course the player should make sure that the station is not only used by a single alibi train that is running nowhere - would still obviously be a cheat station.
but as long as both the airport and the station are used properly it is a clever and useful trick that isn't forbidden, feel free to do the same yourself.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
maximillion always tries out the borders very aggressively. that itself isn't bad, but doing this also means you sometimes step over them. this has already got him banned one time. so maybe you shouldn't use him as a role model...

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 11:07:39 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That maximillion he knows rules and he does that all the time in every game, and he wouldn't do it if he was breaking the rules   ;D

Such players usually end up wyning " don`t ban me, don`t ban me...i`m sorry" Admins remember ...and if you see somebody pushing the limits time after time after time , usually an admin starts a conversation in the admin council and all the admins decide banning him to teach him a lesson since most likely he is either breaking the fun of other players or giving a bad example as a role -model on how rules should be follow, so, my advice...don`t follow that type of behaviour. Even if that is not a rule break...he will dissapear from here sooner then you expect:)

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 05:39:02 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
Maximillion is not ruining the fun on server #3... he only uses the initial loan wisely, pax.
I've already checked and when he makes Airport/train station (to get closer to town), he use both, because initial loan allow him to do it...

Until now only saw 1 player using pax service at full power... and that's not with planes!

Since the initial_city_size is already at minimal value, and initial loan equal to all players, not many chances to balance the game!

But all suggestions are welcome :)

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 01:00:01 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Maximillion is not ruining the fun on server #3... he only uses the initial loan wisely, pax.
I've already checked and when he makes Airport/train station (to get closer to town), he use both, because initial loan allow him to do it...

Until now only saw 1 player using pax service at full power... and that's not with planes!

Since the initial_city_size is already at minimal value, and initial loan equal to all players, not many chances to balance the game!

But all suggestions are welcome :)
Well, we have to come up with a solution altough i`m afraid that if we make the game harder, it will be difficult for new players to start.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 01:03:41 am »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
u should play on a less populated server...maybe u should try server 4 or...2....untill u learn, cos on 3 usually play fast players...so...
but, keep it up :) u're learning fast too:)

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 09:03:45 am »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
Is it in good taste building station with airport like that ?

My short opinion, no. Will I act on it? probably not, cause most other 'moderators'  ;)  seem to think it is ok.
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"