You are Here:

Poll

How do you feel about this post?

It's witty, and well, what can I say, it hit the nail on the head!
0 (0%)
It's childish
4 (57.1%)
I am confused, like, what's that about?
1 (14.3%)
I'd rather have some beer
1 (14.3%)
Clear violation of rule number 1
1 (14.3%)
No opinion
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 07, 2014, 04:44:39 pm

BTPro FIRS Tournament

Author (Read 9514 times)

BTPro FIRS Tournament
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:11:08 am »

ST2

• View Profile
olá a todos :)

Somos amigos dos servidores "n-ice" e, apesar dos servidores serem diferentes, partilhamos sempre algo em comum. vai acontecer no próximo dia 10 de Agosto um grande torneio nos BTPro servers. Usa a economia FIRS e podem-se inscrever [ur=http://openttd.btpro.nl/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=32&id=2211&Itemid=604l]AQUI[/url].  O servidor para treinar já está a correr, pode ser encontrado com o nome "BTPro.nl- #99 - FIRS APHID's CB #TRAINING SERVER# 12000pop|TEMPERATE|1980-GOAL". Mas, para aceder ao site geral... click!

Now, I can translate above message to the language allowed in n-ice servers and forum but I need to n-ice server admins respect rule #10: "The servers are international, you are supposed to speak English in the public chat." Personally, I think this rule is forgotten. If not to be taken in care, just delete if from the rules. But, if it's there.... please respect it! This message is mostly to admins not respecting it! Don't like, remove it!
*but I wasted my edit option to make this line* - Myhorta can translate what's above, and say to other admins what rule 10 states. Not asking much, I think ^^
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:16:10 am by ST2 »

Re: BTPro FIRS Tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »

iSoSyS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
#10: "The servers are international, you are supposed to speak English in the public chat.
Definition of  "supposed"

"You are supposed..." and "You must..." are different. It can be a very little difference but it does exists.

P.S.: As it is obvious if you want to reach the maximum possible people you should use a language that can be understood by the majory. 

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 07:08:48 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ST2, you again ...

We knew that one day this would be happen, so we had made more detailed rules at our wiki..  It looks like that you can´t handle with your browser so I would like to teach you again...

From wiki:
8. Language/Chat

8.1. National language

The main language on our servers is English. You are allowed to use your native language in private or team chat to any extend. While it is not exactly forbidden you are discouraged to use other languages than English in the global chat though. An admin might warn you about this in cases where it is overused.
The social aspect has the most weight here. E.g. if 6 players are on the server and 5 are polish they can talk in only polish in global chat as long as the 6th player does not complain.

write it down in big letters or make a knot in your hanky for every word  :P
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:34:05 pm by Chucky »

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:27:40 am »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
I voted for the beer option because it is summer (and hot) and I like beer. That said: the topic and the poll do confuse me.

The title suggests that you would like to advertise the upcoming BTPro tournament, but the message is in a language the majority of people do not speak. You then suggest that Myhorta should translate it, but he has got nothing to do with this tournament (as far as I know)...

Of course I could use some translator software, but as most people know, results are sub-optimal at best. Also it is usually in favor of the person advertising that the majority of the intended  people understand the message.

This leads me to the real question: why put a complaint in the general chat section in stead of the complaints section and why disguise it as an advertisement?

Also why not give your own organised tournament the decent exposure it deserves?

Really there are no winners here. Admins here are not surprised by your attacks anymore, people are not informed about the tournament and you actually look a bit silly and vindictive.

besides in my personal opinion rules are there to keep the games fair and fun for the majority, not just to be enforced/stuffed up peoples throats just because they are there. A rule such as the language one is there to keep the social aspect of chat intact, so if you or someone else is bothered by a violation they should complain about that fact, (and as soon as possible) in stead of trying to start a jousting fight. Now I am going to do some garden work in the sun :)

peace
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 06:03:48 pm »

Kwissy

• Global Moderator
  • Chimp the pimp
    • View Profile
Just delete such sort of troll-posts next time without a word.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 03:13:23 am »

ST2

• View Profile
well, I saw this comming, therefore I would suggest to make those big letters to admins/players ingame when someone complain about it. That will be great, and hopefully respected!

note: I pointed rule #10 as shown ingame to all players: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10macpubhgez7o2/rules.png and even here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zkprnx37ecahkf6/rules1.png

and that seems numberings are incorrect (as I states almost 2 years ago!!).
so, you pointed me rule 8 (in fact 8.1) - try to do the same ingame, ok? and good luck with it!

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 04:05:42 am »

ST2

• View Profile
but I guess it's all about people know the rules enforced ingame, right? ^^

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 06:13:58 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ST2, you again ..

It looks like that an old grumpy man has spoken. It makes no sense! You are looking for words or phrases to continue your unimportant talk (also known as trolling).

and that seems numberings are incorrect (as I states almost 2 years ago!!).
so, you pointed me rule 8 (in fact 8.1) - try to do the same ingame, ok? and good luck with it!

On wiki it´s detailed explained with other numbers, don´t ask me why again - it's the way it is, I´m tired from you.