• View Profile
this topic includes moved posts from "how to play new city builder"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:48:03 am by Chucky »

Re: Trouble with new city builder
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:32:47 am »

ST2

• View Profile
well, correct info is:
- deliver fully 1 (yes only one needed) cargo demand... and town will grow (tested)

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
and yes... confirmed as I stated before

server #00# will give some more answers on this (was the answer I got when typing !server ingame)

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:24:17 pm »

ST2

• View Profile

server #00# will give some more answers on this (was the answer I got when typing !server ingame)

and ofc, why would a town ask some demands (for Factory, Food Proccessing Plant, or whatever) only half (or less) of the industry demands?
and... why Town should ask them... when after a bit the same town asks for the secondary production? (Food, Goods, or whatever - would be nasty using ECS or FIRS)

I've suggested to show in town window: I'll suggest for town window: Delivered: XX; Stored: XX; Needed: XX

well, this lines say something:
[2014-04-25 22:10:20] <+OTTD-1> ST2 (Spectator): Chucky, any chance of show what's monthly delivered?
[2014-04-25 22:10:41] <+OTTD-1> Chucky (Spectator): nope

I would ask: How storages are calculated?   (usually is by delivered-demanded) so, delivered value is known! SHOW THEM!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 06:28:16 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Wuut ???

and ofc, why would a town ask some demands (for Factory, Food Proccessing Plant, or whatever) only half (or less) of the industry demands?
and... why Town should ask them... when after a bit the same town asks for the secondary production? (Food, Goods, or whatever - would be nasty using ECS or FIRS)

Wuut ???

I've suggested to show in town window: I'll suggest for town window: Delivered: XX; Stored: XX; Needed: XX

to whom ? and where ? to me ? and why?  i´m wondering...

well, this lines say something:
[2014-04-25 22:10:20] <+OTTD-1> ST2 (Spectator): Chucky, any chance of show what's monthly delivered?
[2014-04-25 22:10:41] <+OTTD-1> Chucky (Spectator): nope

I would ask: How storages are calculated?   (usually is by delivered-demanded) so, delivered value is known! SHOW THEM!

well, i tell you the secret: delivered cargo is automatically added to the stored cargo. stored cargo is decreased by demanded cargo on next 1st of month.
so why anybody wants to know delivered cargo? because it´s on aphids cb maybe (i guess) ? or why? explain it please.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 10:39:26 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
well, I'll jump the sarcastic "wuut's", because my suggestions are serious, with intend of improving the CB...

to whom ? and where ? to me ? and why?  i´m wondering...
[2014-04-25 22:30:56] <+OTTD-1> ST2 (Spectator): anyway... I'll suggest for town window: Delivered: XX; Stored: XX; Needed: XX
and why not? using hard coded cargos, you can add till 6 lines of that. If dynamic cargos, max 5... if dnt use any other string. will decrease if you use storage limits with %'s attached.

now, to the point:
- Delivered cargo is an important information... specially when so low that when "Delivered cargo + stored cargo" don't fill the demanded cargo... and values keep the sames on stored ones (mostly when delivered = 0 and there's still cargo stored, but below town demands)... so, it's important players know how many cargo they are delivering... and understand why storage is not used!

you could came up with String limitations... and I would understand... but my suggestions are totally doable, as told above :)

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 11:16:55 pm »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
... my suggestions are serious, with intend of improving the CB...

No way ST, and we though that you were just being smeghead :-o

Apart from my recommendation that you focus on your own CB script (or actually Aphid's), with improvements that will make all players thankful and happy, let's see.

Town gui has limitations, so one has little choices for it, especially when more cargos is used. Using goal gui or storybook, even when for monthly display makes much more sense.

Altogether, this awkward clinging to showing deliveris in town gui is nonsense. Good old city building servers like Ex/Luukland's/Novapolis displayed deliveries only in monthly chat messages and nobody ever complained.

I also wonder, seeing your posts now, where did you learned to end sentences with three dots? One dot is enough! Reading through it is linguistic torment!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:42 am »

ST2

• View Profile
this will be my last post here... and I won't explain the meaning of the 3 dots to who don't know what it means... and/or when to be used...
neither I watch Red Dwarf to have time to read direct insults, a level that only you (The_Dude) was able to achieve!

you could simply say: your suggestions are nosense!

and I'll finish with a dot, to your head understand that's all said and line of thought is complete, avoiding go down to your insulting low level.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 09:16:21 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis

I prefer using direct insults than critize other people and constantly putting down their work with low level suggestion and remarks that often makes little sense (often unexplained and ended with three dots) and are ridiculous.

Your last post here? Please, I wish that was true.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 12:07:27 am »

ST2

• View Profile
Your last post here? Please, I wish that was true.
well, I'll join to this one, and since got some others deleted ^^
I prefer using direct insults than critize other people and constantly putting down their work with low level suggestion and remarks that often makes little sense (often unexplained and ended with three dots) and are ridiculous.
There's a difference between negative remarks and positive ones, and I've never directed to your person/nickname like this: "No way ST, and we though that you were just being smeghead :-o"
It's not my fault you have esters preconceived ideas about me, because, at least, I've made suggestions... I don't make 2/3 line posts only to get down "who made/or not" the forum post! And your latest ones here are? (if dnt remember... check them all, included the ones you deleted.... without reason for it, because I had arguements... but you haven't")

anyway, some of my thoughts are somewhere else... sorry don't respond with insults (again), I'm not that low as you!
(note: an exclamation mark serves as end of statement, similar to a dot)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:11:06 am by ST2 »

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 11:03:01 pm »

Thanatos

• View Profile
When you (me, we)  built the HQ in right city, the Power Plant (i dont know true game term, my language is russian) must be build nearly, ok? If PPlant is already exists, then not be build. So, why existed PPlant (before my company is started) dont work for my city in this game?
Maybe some rules must be change? Ex., Environment (?) - Industries - Allow several Industries of the same type in the city - Yes. (Or why new PPlant isnt built in my city?)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:16:23 pm by Thanatos »

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 05:15:45 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hi Thanatos,

this happens because the railway station for powerstation is assigned to town Ricketywick. You have to build a railway station with name of your hometown in title - for this example: Pinkerton. Next time try to build one or more stations in direction (here south) of your hometown until a correct title is shown.

Edit: the powerstation was not built because there is not enought plain ground around your town. However you can use another powerstation - the railway (truck) station title is important only. Hint: to rename the title only did not works.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:05:12 am by Chucky »

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 02:18:17 pm »

Thanatos

• View Profile
Thank you Chucky!
The first part seems to be true. I will think about this.
The second part a little not. To my mind the clear city have enough plain ground to build PStation, when isnt railstation and roads.
Anyway, I've got the answer.

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 03:16:13 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I guess that I programmed a random range of 6-12 tiles from midle of town for building powerstation on every 1st of month. Maybe I will change it a little bit.  :P