You are Here:
Changing Server 8

Author (Read 9036 times)

Changing Server 8
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
From what I have noticed in the past few weeks, since Naz and the other typical long goal players stopped appearing, server 8 was left quite deserted. What also bothers is that in fact server 8 is a more simple copy of server 5. While it had players, there was no point in changing it, but since this has changed, I don`t want to waste resources on an empty server.

When I think about server 8 , I think about Geert and his love for long desert goals. Therefore I propose to convert S8 into a sister of server 5 but on Desert. We can discuss this proposal, or you may propose other types of goals and discuss those too. Please state your oppinion.

Also, I would like your proposals to also contain numerical examples so we know what we`re talking about. In case we decide to change s8 to a desert long goal, only the goal would be a fixed parameter (between 15 BIL and 20 BIL). The other parameters can be discussed.

Thank You

Re: Changing Server 8
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Since we have no more players interested in long goals I suggest putting s7 back =D

now seriously, I got no experience with long goals or super long goals. For me they're all boring as hell since you're just watching the numbers go up most of the time without doing anything -.- It might be fun for a game to see just how much CV you CAN get if you only play long enough but there's nothing really keeping you hooked besides just big numbers ...

I'll leave the discussion about big servers for players who do like them :)

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:46:06 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You can also propose another type of goal. I mean except a server that was already changed because it had lost its players. It`s nothing out of the ordinary....goals must be refreshed from time to time..:)

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:42:30 pm »

iSoSyS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I miss turnover goals :(

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 02:28:57 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
turnover goals? I don`t remember them :P What were they?

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 08:50:41 am »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You got me interested as well Myhorta. Explanation required =D

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:14:21 am »

iSoSyS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
we never had them. Basically the goal is reaching a certain annual turnover. Unfortunately I just remembered why they fell in popularity. People would just jam a ton of trains and release them when they had enough for the goal. We could fix it by requiring the turnover goal to happen twice in row. If there isn't more downsides we could implement it :)

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 10:38:29 am »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
I like the idea of an income goal.
But while you are at it there are also some other ideas I would like to see like a cargo goal: transport x amount of cargo for example. Iirc this information is also available to the gs now? This cannot be cheated, as there is no way of getiing that other than delivering that cargo. ofc you could use a crap-load of trucks on short distances, but that would  not give a lot of money.

Another idea I would like is a scheduled server for example:
game duration: 2hours
goal: cv as high as possible or income as high as possible or transport as much passengers as possible

advantages of this system imo could be:

later starting date is not problem, if you do not reach the goal, you still score points. Therefor it could be attractive for a lot of people: newbs, that just want to play around but still get a bit of score, good players that want to try a 2 hour income, or simply people that like to play a shorter goal.

Also you know when the game will end, so no sudden loss of your company due to a reset or goal reached.

Things to keep in mind when possibly implementing such a type of goal: do not make it too long running, otherwise people can just build a few money making rails at start and score easy points.
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"