You are Here:
Points not recorded on #1

Author (Read 6064 times)

Points not recorded on #1
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:27:58 pm »

palo

• View Profile
I played on #1 Desert CITYBUILDER last two days and it's not recording points as it should.
First time (game end 2013-10-05 21:04:08) I scored around 200 points according to game console, but only 139 was recorded.
Second time (game end 2013-10-06 15:05:55) I scored something around 50-100 points according to console, but 0 was recorded.
Last game was recorded ok.
If you have some server logs, could you pls check them?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Points not recorded on #1
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:52:02 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately  I will find in the server logs exactly what you said it displayed. If you got some screenshots with the date, hour and the console, I would give you back your points.

We will take a look on the scoring system of the server in the meantime.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 09:16:39 pm »

palo

• View Profile
Unfortunately I have no screenshots :-(
But if you can find it in server logs, what for you need them?

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Palo, don`t turn this topic vice-versa please. You said you won 200 points but the points system only awarded you 139. In order for me to compensate you for that loss of points, you have to prove that the system is the one wrong.

The system recorded what it awarded you...meaning 139 points. That`s also what I said....... If I look in the logs, I will find that you were awarded 139 points.
So, your question is a bit weird :)

The system has stopped at the value that was awarded to you (139 points) If I look there, I will find an error and the fact that your company received 139 points (which will be the last line concerning scoring) The obvious questions follows: How can I know that you won 200 points and not 160 or 170?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:19:03 pm by alex879ro »

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:10 pm »

niemon

• View Profile
i think, he thought that you can see the console text that was displayed to him. i also did for a few seconds  :o

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 06:02:29 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Normally I can. The console is the result of a plugin which calculates the scores for each company. Each score is re-calculated after some-time.

The problem is that we can`t figure out how the final scoring was displayed to him on the console, or to anyone else. We haven`t figured this scoring bug yet. As for what I see in the console...it`s something like this :
.........................................................................................
time y   :Company x score calculation ------------------------->>> 130 points

time y1 : Company x score calculation ------------------------->>> 139 points

Exception Thread 241201 .......

And this is how it ends. Basically the list is broken at the last value that he has been awarded. We still don`t know how the plugin is pushed to the error.

We do know one thing tho: Some players actually posted screenshots with the score being displayed, while the log looked like in the example

Some other players posted screenshots with the text "Error" being displayed while the log looked the same as in the example.