You are Here:
Hi

Author (Read 12259 times)

Hi
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:13:08 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The (nick)name 's Imus and I joined a few days ago.
I can usually be found playing on #7 where I'm trying to get the all time record (now on shared second place with 24 points).

I started playing TTD a long time ago when it was still running on DOS. Some time ago I picked up OpenTTD and played mostly solo or on openttdcoop. Although I agree with most of their building rules, I prefer to play solo against other players, not playing as one team trying to cover the entire map.

I liked the playstyle up till now and hope to keep it like that.
Only thing that is bothering me is people not knowing how to use PBS signals correctly (if those are reading this, you know who I'm talking about :p) But no fear, I'll educate you guys eventually :)

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:55:28 am »

Dobro

• View Profile
Good ;)
And Welcome!

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 06:04:43 am »

Waldo

• Global Moderator
  • தமிழ் வாழ்க
    • View Profile
    • www.karthickn.com
Welcome the n-ice family Imus. Wish you many happy times here!
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 06:44:46 pm »

kris indonesia

• View Profile
u need more perf to beat my record mwahahahaha  :P :o ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:14 am »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, I did make it to shared 2nd (now 3d) place in what 4 days? Just gimme some time and I'll get there =D Then again, it's probably gonna take me a lot of time to truly perfect it ....

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 11:44:44 am »

kris indonesia

• View Profile
 ;D you are count as my favorite players cos u play good  ;D " i hope u beat me often  :-*

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 12:12:43 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome, imus, i hope u have some n-ice games here :)
Don't worry, be happy :D

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
For those wondering why I've been inactive for a while now, I was too busy doing truly important things. Like finishing my thesis, taking a vacation, applying for a job and playing some other games together with my girlfriend.

I did graduate as a computer scientist so I'm officially an "engineer" now. How awesome is that?
I found a job at a hospital in belgium as a programmer. I'm able to read the forum and respond from time to time (when the other guys aren't looking at my screen) so you might see me lurking here. Right now when I'm at home I play guild wars2 with my girlfriend so I won't really be chatting on IRC or playing openttd games soon but this might change some time in the future.

Right now me and my GF signed a contract for the appartment where we can move in in februari. Maybe once I'm done moving I might pick up my admin duties again ^.^

If there are really important things to discuss (like changing s7) feel free to send me a message on the forum (or just post on the internal forum). I can make some time to give some constructive criticism. (for example: how dare you touch s7, I KILL YOU!)

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 07:28:06 am »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Congratulations on "True" Graduation Imus. Well done man.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 05:04:51 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
:))) The part with I KILL YOU was very funny.

I should say that because I`m asking you something in topic, and you post the answer in another topic :)

About your life, don`t worry. N-ice is here and will be here when you decide to spend some time:)

We are happy for the major changes in your life and most of all because you enjoy them. I know that the stress of being away from server 7 is hard :P
But still, we should never forget that life itself is more important then joining on IRC.

I`m happy to see that you can still offer us your advice and participate in the decisions (i`ll make the decision of removing s7 secret so you won`t know:P)

I wish you good luck, and, whenever you want to see us or your beloved server 7, you know where we are :)

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:16 am »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I should say that because I`m asking you something in topic, and you post the answer in another topic :)

You went off topic with your question on that thread, I didn't want to derail that thread any further ...
On the other hand, you were most likely not the only one wondering why I'm gone for a while so I put it here where I think it (kinda) belongs ;)

ps: You are free to change s7 anytime, but be sure to have a good reason to do so. (One of the acceptable reasons is: nobody even looked at the server in the past months ... sorry Imus it is truly dead).

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:45 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's been almost a year now and I decided to pick this game up again. I seem to have lost my IRC account (like everyone I've heard?) so no more admin rights for me ...
I'm also unable to login as admin (probably because I just forgot my admin password) so I'll have to look into that as well.
Hopefully that gets fixed soon so I can force myself into other comps again to truly help people again when they say I can, instead of first taking 10 minutes to explain how to type "!invite imus".

It's nice that the first guy that saw me online again was Gopher.  He says he doesn't see the other guys that much anymore. Is it because everyone is taking a little time-off like me? or just his timezone making him miss everyone?

I kinda missed this place so I'll try to get online more often again.

~Imus

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 02:31:18 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome back, imus !

You will get an email with your lovely password - no need to looking for the piece of paper.

cu later
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:38:34 am by Chucky »