You are Here:
New server suggestion: Temperate, 1980 to 2080, 800perf, 5billion, 400 points

Author (Read 6169 times)

Waldo

• Global Moderator
  • தமிழ் வாழ்க
    • View Profile
    • www.karthickn.com
Hey I am suggesting a new server with the following settings. Opinions are welcome.

Climate: Temperate 1980 to 2080
Perf Score: 800 (+50 points for full perf)
Points: 400 points for win in 25 years, 300 points for 50 years, 200 points for 75 years.. ie., -4 points every year after 2005
Goal: EUR 5 billion
Map size: 1024 * 1024 or may be twice that
Towns: 50 initial, hostile
Industries: Funding only (One industry per town), no stealing
Limits: 1000 RV, 150 to 200 Trains, 25 Ships, 25 Aircrafts

How about we also allow users to own a certain number of industries. for eg., a user can have exclusive rights for 10 industries of his choice...no changing allowed...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:58:17 pm by Waldo »
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hmm, it begins to sound very very interesting :) But first we have to talk to xOR because some of those features require some extra coding.....like the gradual scoring, or the partial claim of the industries. Or perhaps xOR will post here. Free cookies offered :)

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
to the idea of gradual scoring:
1. partially it's already in there, winning fast gives you more points than winning slow
2. i don't want to do any more work on the current score system when we plan to rewrite the whole score system anyway

to the idea of owning industries:
we can do this but we should make sure it cannot be used by early joiners to reserve all the good industries. there would need to be a limit that only industries with low production can be claimed (similar to towns below a certain population in CB).
for the reservation itself we need to wait for the feature described here, doing it as we currently do it for CB would probably put too much load on the servers.

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It would be a new experience owning/no stealing on n-ice servers....
Looking forward to it...if indeed it is put to test.

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
for the reservation itself we need to wait for the feature described here, doing it as we currently do it for CB would probably put too much load on the servers.

That does sound like an awesome feature. I just wonder when it will be implemented
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"