You are Here:
Coverage area of station

Author (Read 6666 times)

Coverage area of station
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:06:28 am »

Gopher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
There seems to be a small bug, connected to Server 6 and Power Stations in particular, where the coverage area of the  railway station doesn't coincide with the area on the map. This means that you can place a railway station so that its coverage area just covers part of a power station, but the power station won't accept coal. I have only noticed this happening at the right hand side of power stations on server 6.
There was something very similar with oil refineries on the Hard Server a couple of years ago, but it has been fixed.

Re: Coverage area of station
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:10:10 pm »

Batt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's not a bug, it's a well-known TTD feature  :) I remember similar thing in original TTD on DOS.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 04:30:38 pm »

Knogle

• CB Wizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure Batt's reply is correct, however if you disagree, the right place to post such bug is to the OpenTTD dev team, see http://www.openttd.org - we cannot correct bugs in the openttd software.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 06:13:08 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
in a simple language, "Industries specify acceptance via both the industry and the industry tiles" and "Tile and industry acceptance is decided asynchronously, so they may not match.". The easyiest way to check it is checking each industry tile with Land information tool, to check what's accepted in each tile. In some industries NOT all tiles accepts cargo. About cargo delivered to stations by a industry, all industry tiles do that, including some tiles not marked/drawn as part of it... but inside industry "rectangle". "The tiles are asked periodically whether they accept the cargo. This controls the station acceptance". It's a OpenTTD known issue but for what it seems not with an easy solution.
Hope this helps :)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »

al

• View Profile
There seems to be a small bug, connected to Server 6 and Power Stations in particular, where the coverage area of the  railway station doesn't coincide with the area on the map. This means that you can place a railway station so that its coverage area just covers part of a power station, but the power station won't accept coal. I have only noticed this happening at the right hand side of power stations on server 6.
There was something very similar with oil refineries on the Hard Server a couple of years ago, but it has been fixed.

isn't a bug...just the way the game is designed.

oil refineries do something similar. you don't just need to touch it with a station but you need to touch the right area.