You are Here:
why i have been banned

Author (Read 14610 times)

why i have been banned
« on: September 05, 2012, 03:00:08 pm »

Cleanest

• View Profile
Hey i am cleanest and i have not played in a week and i got here today to play and i have been banned and i do not know why please can you tell me

Re: why i have been banned
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:36:36 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
badboy has been tempbanned for 7 days on 1st of semptember (so the ban will be removed on 7th of september) for repeatedly building satellite stations and ignoring several warnings from admins (and in the end just leaving the server instead of fixing it).

you, badboy and maximillion are always affected by the same ban, i assume you're family or neighbors or something? as far as i remember the problem of satellite stations is also something that you 3 share   ;)

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:57:00 pm »

Cleanest

• View Profile
BUT I DIDNT DO IT SO WHY AM I BANNED

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:59:41 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
you're playing from the same connection as badboy (at least last time i saw you). you two could even be the same person and we cannot know, we cannot divide the bans either. your only option is to talk to badboy not to break the rules or get your own internet connection.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

Cleanest

• View Profile
I AM NOT PLAYING FROM THE SAME CONNECTION BADBOY AND MAXAMILLION PLAY FROM THE SAME CONNECTIUON AS THEY ARE FATHER AND SON AND I AM THEIR NEIGHBOUR

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:59 pm »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WELL LETS TALK WITH CAPSLOCK ON AND WITHOUT INTERPUNCTION TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS YOU AND BU USING BIGGER LETTER YOURE ALWAYS RIGHT EVEN IF YOU KNOW BETTER

right......  :o

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
hehe Geert  :P

as i said Cleanest, you are too close together to divide your bans...

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »

ZeroIncome

• View Profile
Unless he is on their internet connection or vice versa this makes no sense. (Unless it's the same person)

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
Code: [Select]
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Client ID: 896
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Name: badboy
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Host/IP: dsl-2**-1**-9*.telkomadsl.co.za [41.2**.1**.9*]
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Company: badboy Transport (#3/Blue)
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Joined game date: 1/8/1995
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Disconnected: 8/9/2012 1:27:34 AM [UTC]
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Country: ZA/South Africa
[22:19] <+OTTD-3> Names for IP: cleanest, badboy, Unregistered016933, Unregistered958474

i assume they visit each other and play together when they are neighbours. yes, i could narrow the ban further down so that cleanest could at least play when at his own house. but these guys are a "satellite station trio". all 3 of them have been warned for satellite stations countless number of times. when an admin warns them they remove it, but the very next day (or even next game when no admin is looking) they do the same thing again. we have been watching this for months (way too long anyway). they take admins for a fool and think they can get away with this forever. to quote one of our other fellow players:
Quote from: vitalikk2005
why isn't he banned yet after having done that a million times?

they act the same so i think it's totally fair to also treat them as a unit about sanctions. and it was only a 7 days temp ban.

also nobody asked you to barge in, it's not your case and also you don't know anything about this business...

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 06:06:44 pm »

ZeroIncome

• View Profile
Well I know bans are based on IP and nobody just told him that his story didn't add up, instead they just called him out for using Caps lock.

Then you said that he lives "too close" to together which also doesn't make any sense. Also I'm not "Barging in" I was merely posting an opinion on a public discussions forum. If you want complaints to be private use admin tickets or another system.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38:43 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
Then you said that he lives "too close" to together which also doesn't make any sense.
it also happens for people that are not neighbors that they share an IP range, but neighbors are especially likely to do, because many internet providers link their assigned IP ranges to geographical areas of their customers. so often when someone finds he is innocently affected by a ban he also lives geographically close to the person that actually got banned.

apart from that my last statement with "too close together" has a double meaning, it refers to both being geographically close as well as being related to each other in breaking the same rule.

but i really don't want to continue this discussion, i always happily explain how things work to people that phrase a proper question, but if you just come in like you knew what you were talking about and turn what should be "i don't understand it" into "what you say doesn't make sense" i really don't feel like it. the only thing that really had no sense was your meddling, as you didn't add anything of value to this discussion whatsoever.

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44:05 pm »

Maximillion

• View Profile
hi,
My son who is a remedial child & loves ttd (Badboy) plays wherever he can, often he logs in under my name (by mistake) & plays, i have told him not to build satelite stations but sometimes i think it just doesnt sink in! Any way to let everyone know Cleanest & badboy are friends & live in the same complex, they are 14 years old & love ttd....clearly ;D thats my fault!
I do understand the ban but am also a bit disapointed, you guys have banned me before for blocking, when actually the other guy was blocking me over & over, terraforming as I was trying to build & generally being a real asshole, I placed 1 piece of track in his line cause i was irratated & u banned me......very fair :( Now my son is banned which affects 3 of us & then you treat me like i am some 14 year old kid.
Anyway im over that now so please can you guys hurry up with removing that ban so I can kick some Butt, lol
Thanks

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:37 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
Maximillion,
about the other tempban, I'll recommend you this: do not take ANY action against the rules as revenge. For any reason!. I've acted for what I've seen (was the other player that called a admin) and ofc... some nasty words you uttered.

Anyway, 2 good news: previous lines are things of the past and the tempban ends tomorrow! :)

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 10:24:16 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
you are not treated as a 14 year old child. the 14 year old child got a treatment and you are affected by it, as you share the same internet connection. at least about you and badboy there is nothing we could technically do to separate your bans, a ban of one of you will always affect the other one too.
i believe you, and i understand that it is hard for you, but if the excuse "it's not me violating the rules and i cannot stop the other one from doing it" was valid we could as well delete our rules and let everyone do what he wants. let me quote something a wise person has said not so long ago:
[23:15] <Maximillion_> u have to be strict, its the only way to control it

as stated before the ban is removed tomorrow. it has a fixed schedule, there is no hurrying  :P
as you were writing such a nice text i tell you a secret: due to some technical problems we had with our ban system you are only banned on servers 2, 3 and 5 right now, the other bans got lost (that makes 8 servers you are not banned on right now).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:30:13 pm by YorVeX »

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 05:23:13 pm »

Cleanest

• View Profile
Please unban me as it is the 7 of sepetember and i hope ypu are happy it i not cap locks