You are Here:
LowTop

Author (Read 4860 times)

LowTop
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:08:55 pm »

LowTop

• View Profile
Hi all,

Thanks for serving :).  Just made the first post in the Quickie section, so I figured I could introduce myself too.  I am 28 years old.  I played TT as a replacement to RailRoad Tycoon in the mid 90's.

About a year ago I installed Debian onto an old laptop, and tried to play TT again.  After quickly remembering the fact that I could not fast-foward, auto-renew, or drag diagonals I thought I would look up some open source games.  Foudn this game and the rest is history.  The laptop couldn't quite play the game well (16mb graphics, 128 ram, 1.6g chip), but then I remembered about my gaming computer.

I found these servers mostly because they were named "nice", or "n-ice", and stick with them because the consistency and variety of games.  Thanks again. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:11:11 pm by LowTop »

Re: LowTop
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:17:48 pm »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
if you play on other servers than the quickie you definitely need a better computer, especially the big servers 5 and 8 can even get average computers into trouble.

i don't think i understood the part about the name - so you're saying you saw they are named "n-ice" and then you thought "if the name says it, they must be nice"?  8)
well, i hope you have found that the name was not lying  ;D

welcome aboard and have fun.

Re: LowTop
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »

geo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
hi, nice to meet you, and see you around :D
Don't worry, be happy :D