You are Here:
Requirement grace period broken

Author (Read 3134 times)

Requirement grace period broken
« on: May 15, 2022, 02:30:46 pm »

ike

• View Profile
There is meant to be a months grace for when new requirements are added to town but this seems broken.

Example:
Playing Citybuilder v2
Date is 28th February
City is growing
Population changes from 1499 to 1501
Goods are now needed
Date is now 1st March
Your town is not growing

Could be any requirement/commodity I just used goods as an example.

Even if you are supplying goods your town growth will stop because no counter for goods exists until the requirement. Really the counter should be in-place and set running at the time a station can receive goods. But I guess the grace period also as that is what stated.

Re: Requirement grace period broken
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 09:32:48 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try to serve the known things before  ;)

Re: Requirement grace period broken
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 09:25:26 am »

ike

• View Profile
I think you misunderstand. This is when serving things before not working as it should.

Example server 6:
If a city has not hit 1000 population yet then you can have thousands of wood going there but the wood counter has not yet been created. So, we get to say 20 February. The town now peaks over 1000 population for the first time. Now the wood counter is created. At this time town info will show 0/x of wood required. you only have 8 days to fill the quota. Everything that was collected before was sent to /dev/null, before the counter was created.

If the city pops over and back down then that is fine and the counter remains. This is all shown by the requirement counter on the town info screen. At the top of the town info it says 30 days grace.

I'm pretty sure i've seen players deliberately demolish buildings after new requirements as a workaround. But is is not supposed to work that way.