You are Here:
Return of the experimental servers

Author (Read 4864 times)

Return of the experimental servers
« on: December 25, 2020, 04:50:25 pm »

thistle

• View Profile
The experimental servers have been offline for some time now.  Will they be coming back?
I quite liked the 50k cargo one, and the single depot one.

Maybe they could be online in rotation (X1 on Monday, X2 on Tuesday etc.),  or that might be too complex to implement.

I've seen these comments about the goal on the 50k cargo game:  http://www.n-ice.org/openttd/forum/index.php?topic=718.0  Maybe for something difficult like mail the goal could be reduced from 50k to 10k,  and for something easy like coal increase it to 200k?

If the servers are not coming back,  can the quick join buttons be removed from the patched client?

Re: Return of the experimental servers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 08:05:13 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The experimental servers have been offline for some time now.  Will they be coming back?
I quite liked the 50k cargo one, and the single depot one.
Well, since the servers are gone  I also thinking about an implemation. Maybe a rejoin instead of server #4 which is quite empty. A poll could be a good start or people could leave are message here.

Maybe they could be online in rotation (X1 on Monday, X2 on Tuesday etc.),  or that might be too complex to implement.

I've seen these comments about the goal on the 50k cargo game:  http://www.n-ice.org/openttd/forum/index.php?topic=718.0  Maybe for something difficult like mail the goal could be reduced from 50k to 10k,  and for something easy like coal increase it to 200k?
not doable right now

If the servers are not coming back,  can the quick join buttons be removed from the patched client?
Hehe.. this suggestion also was told today to server owner, so it´s history.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:13:24 pm by Chucky »