You are Here:
Banned. Guessing its from old IP ban.

Author (Read 2750 times)

Banned. Guessing its from old IP ban.
« on: November 01, 2020, 12:34:34 am »

BS3023

• View Profile
Hello,

I tried to log in to server 1 and server 6, and I get told my IP address is banned. I'm generally a rule follower here on n-ice and open-ttd. I'm guessing its an old IP ban, that doesn't apply to me. But if its does, I'd like to know what I did and try to resolve it. Either way, thanks in advance. From what I understand admins can see my IP from this post.

Bill 8)

Re: Banned. Guessing its from old IP ban.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 02:34:55 am »

YorVeX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • n-ice.org
The IP you posted from is listed on dronebl, marking it as a system that was used as an IRC spam drone (litmus/sdbot/fyle). Since this indicates malicious activity we block players from IPs that are on this list automatically, which is why this IP is banned on our servers.
However, if you use https://dronebl.org/lookup on your IP you can see that the entry is from 2017. If that's a dynamic IP range this probably doesn't apply to you. Your best bet is to request removal there, mentioning that it's a dynamic IP and the record from 2017 doesn't apply to you. I don't see any reason why they should reject this request. After they removed it you should be able to join our servers again (with some delay though).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:01:33 am by YorVeX »

Re: Banned. Guessing its from old IP ban.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 03:59:23 am »

BS3023

• View Profile
Great, I'll do that. Thanks!