You are Here:
Town Growth Conditional Order method

Author (Read 4911 times)

Town Growth Conditional Order method
« on: October 22, 2017, 01:58:26 am »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ok, I've been using these orders for a few months, I've conquered the bus/trucks, and I'm making progress with the train version, however, despite trying to explain it to the admins, a tutorial is probably the best way to go;

Conditional orders 1.png shows the completed order set of a bus for a town, which affects the town growth as indicated in the red circle.  Whilst you may notice the comparable city owned by green shows a lower/better town growth it also shows the number of houses and type of town.

Conditional orders 3.png shows you where to select conditional orders, but note in order to affect a number you'll need to highlight the next, so in this case, to affect order 1 I've highlighted order 2, before selecting conditional orders.

Conditional orders 4.png is where the confusion lies :).  After we've selected conditional orders as set out above, we then select a destination to skip to, in this case, highlighted in red, but note that order whilst numbered in picture as 5, was in fact 4, prior to selection, as order 2 was created when we selected order 4, for the conditional order.

What this does is make a bus travel to all 3 close stations, unless it's reached 100% load at any point at which point it skips to last order.
The possibilities are endless and the highest order count I've been bothered to chain is 86 :).
When you make a chain with 10+ stations then only the stations served to affect the score, and given when towns are big, the 1st station usually has enough passengers to allow conditional orders to work best when that station runs dry then automatically moves on to next on the list.  A completed order list doesn't resume from where it left off, so each time it starts from the 1st order.

There is an alternative, which is why I highlighted the other cities growth too on Conditional orders 1.png, which is on Conditional orders 2.png

Re: Town Growth Conditional Order method
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 02:04:48 am »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Prior to this method being utilised by green, city growth was better in my smaller less populated town (and not a city).

But it is certainly easier to implement and accomplishes the same thing...