Archive > Server 4 Arctic Quick Goal ( 40 Milion Goal)

Breakdowns or No Breakdowns

(1/2) > >>

alex879ro:
Server 4 is our winter server. It was designed to be a medium goal. What would you think about changing settings into "NO BREAKDOWS"
Please argument your answer.

Batt:
I suggest to rename this topic to "Save the Server #4!". My answer is breakdowns off.

Most popular servers (3,5,8) are set to no breakdowns. It's a general tendency that players don't like breakdowns at all. The only exception is server #6, which is a special one supposed to be hard and creates additional difficulties with various settings for hardcore players. Those hardcore players are care the most about harsh start, so mostly they are not interested in chasing longer goal. It reminds them of original TTD game. IMHO, there is no need in additional hard server, especially in 'when-this-thing-finally-ends' medium goal.

I played on #4 and breakdowns annoyed me. Sometimes I want a proper medium goal server because it is very nice to have for tournaments. I also like the white color. Let's save the server!
Go white.  :P

alex879ro:

--- Quote from: Batt on August 06, 2012, 07:53:08 pm ---I suggest to rename this topic to "Save the Server #4!". My answer is breakdowns off.

Most popular servers (3,5,8) are set to no breakdowns. It's a general tendency that players don't like breakdowns at all. The only exception is server #6, which is a special one supposed to be hard and creates additional difficulties with various settings for hardcore players. Those hardcore players are care the most about harsh start, so mostly they are not interested in chasing longer goal. It reminds them of original TTD game. IMHO, there is no need in additional hard server, especially in 'when-this-thing-finally-ends' medium goal.

I played on #4 and breakdowns annoyed me. Sometimes I want a proper medium goal server. It is very nice to have for tournaments. I also like the white color. Let's save the server!
Go white.  :P

--- End quote ---

Hehe...you gotta love Batt:)  C`mon people...we need opinions!!

ST2:
my humble opinion:
- agree on turn vehicle_breakdowns = 0
-->> this will require a pair of balancing elements/settings:
- Decrease the "larger_towns" (maybe 6 - 1 in 6 is big/City)
- Decrease "initial_city_size" value
- Since trains are power enough, with good tractive effort and no breakdowns, turn "freight_trains" to 3
- keep the "town_growth_rate", as the station spread, vehicles max length and the other values

I think will make games funnier, more balanced.... and well, for now is what I remember  ;D

Cossack:
i don't mean to insult #4, but does anyone even play in there? Whenever i've visited it's been like a ghost town

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version