You are Here:
Idea: (A Silly One) The Death Server

Author (Read 5247 times)

Idea: (A Silly One) The Death Server
« on: April 27, 2016, 10:10:30 am »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think i'll have to post this one on the openttd boards, as it may require a fair bit of programming.

It's similar to the cargo goal servers, but instead of acruing cargo in a town, we're reducing the populous of all cities in the map, we'd go about doing this not by destruction (which would be disallowed by all authorities on the map, including existing roads), but by introducing either oil or goods (aka pollution) to each city (open to debate), the more that is transported in, the more inhabitants die off, and therefore could result in another genre of game (albeit a less than moral one, but it is a game, and games don't have to be moral; CoD for example).

Whether or not the populous grows or not is not so important, but would certainly make for very competitve games if they didn't grow, therefore making the starting populous of the map finite, and corresponding death toll as stipulated by the goal conditions could make it both fun and or difficult.

The good thing about this idea, is that the cities which are losing inhabitants, would in theory be losing buildings, and as such ghost towns essentially will be made (as town roads would remain), but in doing so the coverage area accepting the chosen pollutants would change, and either trucks have to be used to re-claim the accepted cargo's further into the town, or the player opting to  kill off a different town (which would be easier).  Given that a rail station in the described settings mentioned so far, can't be located within the middle (via destruction) of a town this would certainly come into play.

The income derived from transport to a city would be unaffected at all times.

I expect to get slated for this idea :P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:21:49 am by Kyrre »