You are Here:
How many roads can a station be?

Author (Read 4328 times)

How many roads can a station be?
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:24:19 pm »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Right, I was playing on Hard server earlier, and whilst I was starting late in the active game, and waiting for an income from my farm trains, I (as some do) was checking out the other players in the game.  One of which had a bus/mail station in their primary city in which it spanned 3 different roads.  Also due to this it's spread was receiving more than the unconnected train station nearby (approximatey double).  Now I informed the player and they removed the 3rd road element of the station.
We did agree on calling an admin for clarity, as my explanation's using the syntax from rule 3 and 12, we're not enough to qualm the debate (the admin call via sign went unanswered - no big deal).

I was under the impression that a bus/truck station could be any length/width in one direction, and can have one tile in another direction connected to it, is that right?  Essentially making it an 'L' shape.

I haven't taken any picture's this time, as i'm biased a bit towards the offending player in question.
I will say though that this station abuse was the only infraction to the rules by that player, and the other player in the game was also extending coverage with unused station parts.

I'm probably getting a reputation for being a bit of a killjoy for following these N-ice rules, but like I said to those involved without said rules, it would be anarchy like it is on other servers, and I for one don't want that.

Re: How many roads can a station be?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:44:26 pm »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In my opinion an "L" shaped bus/cargo depo would violate spread rule,except if adjoined to a train station or airport, and is "within" larger adjoining station's /airport's coverage area.