You are Here:
Hi, I'm Kyrre (and Elleshar)

Author (Read 5824 times)

Hi, I'm Kyrre (and Elleshar)
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:58:27 pm »

Kyrre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
First off my real name is Neil, i'm english, and i live in the south of england.  I'm 39, and currently unemployed/retired (house mortgage free :P).  I do have a degree which is a BSc in Molecular Science and i'm part of Mensa.

I regularily play many computer games, mainly multiplayer ones;  Openttd, SpringTA (Total Annihilation Online), Trackmania Forever (free racing game), Mud (an acronym for Multi-User Dungeon), though the Mud I play is called Tempora Heroica and played that for over 20 years.  I also quite like to play offline games such as; Warzone 2100 (with mods), Heroes of Might and Magic III (with mods), Civilization 2, Sid Meier's Pirates (which works on XP) and even Populous 2.

I'm a stoner, always have been (20 years), never ill, not on any medications.  I'm health conscious which some may argue is a contradiction since i smoke tobacco when smoking marijuana.

I was an active member of BTpro (not an admin) for a year or so, until a rogue admin there, essentially accused me of cheating under the guise of an axiom which he himself could not explain why their version is justified and the opposing view, mine (which alledgedly is shared by the owner "Frank") is not.  Surfice to say, i got locked out of my own thread, under the guise of trying to get me banned from forum abuse, which i didn't succumb to.  Therefore i've simply left BTpro.  Which is a shame as i really liked there servers, and rules...

I play Openttd fairly, and to my knowledge i've never actually been banned from any server with rules in place.
I do not code, thus i can't help with the mechanics of the game, nor do i wish to learn code for it.  What i can do though is generate idea's, which i've done for every game, encouraging others to implement them, or give direction to a stalling game's community.

I have some more idea's for OpenTTD too, which in time i may share with the N-ice community.  At the moment though, i'm just playing Openttd occassionally (once a day).  I am noticing some cheating on the N-ice servers, and i have today joined this forum, specifically to report on a registered user, whom has a high rank, and really should know better!.  However, now that i am here, i may end up applying for an admin post, since i notice there's a lack of admin's currently.

I also notice ST2 is here (Hi ST2!), therefore i'll gamble on the notion that ST2 can verify my integrity and possibly be a reference for such an admin request on N-ice.  Whilst my username on the forum is Kyrre, i'd prefer to be known as Elleshar here, but i will not be able to delete elleshar since i can't access the associated email anymore.  I also play under the pseudonym "Commodore" in game, and tend to favour multi-loop train tracks.

I have used IRC, and appreciate that, that application is very suited to chat, whereas OpenTTD really isn't.  Mud is very similar to IRC, but having used IRC before it's not currently installed.  If i became an admin, yes i will use it.

That's probably enough for now.

Look forward to meeting/playing you all, but if you cheat, don't be surprised if i report you :)

Re: Hi, I'm Kyrre (and Elleshar)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:25:06 pm »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi  Kyrre or shall I say  Elleshar :)

Welcome to n-ice.