N-ice work :)

Author (Read 12592 times)

N-ice work :)
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:04:11 am »

ST2

• View Profile
Chucky, tested the changed CB and... well I liked the looks ^^

but... (always a but) ^^

Passengers and mail don't need to be stored! No other scripts storage that!
Anyway... I saw that coming... and even suggested a name for the server storing pax... and was "North Korea CB"
that came up among all tests I made with Aphid's ^^

On the other side, the cargo's demanded by town are hard coded on CB, not set depending of the map type!
So, my question is: I haven't made any CB script... but I want to see this one working on FIRS! possible?

about the "new growth"... towns grow... no matters if you deliver or not!

taking all that... Chucky made a good job... and works nice... I simply I dnt like send people and mail to storages... to release them next month... if lucky ^^

Re: N-ice work :)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:35:06 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
well, i know we had many problems with storing passengers in past ...  maybe i will change the word into "waiting"  ;D  and use a setting to choose "waiting" or "killing" from openttd.cfg, i dislike to kill anyone, and you?

at moment it´s only coded for temperate and i´m sure that i can change it for other landscapes too - maybe it will selected with the help of openttd.cfg or another way...  FIRS.. oh, i see many busy times for the CPU, but i believe it´s possible.. anyway i´ll program "desert" first.

"automatic growth" is activated, so there is a chance to reach the goal if something goes wrong or the setting is too heavy. i don´t stop the growth, i change it only to more or less days ..

so, thank you ST2 for reporting and i even need more input, input, input ..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:49:51 am by Chucky »

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:37:22 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
this reply was written 6 days ago... but got stuck in the CB storage!!
and I'm still waiting for my cousin to be released from the "waiting" room! for months!

I guess there's enough info

Edit1: This CB mode grows a town on same speed, doesnt matter if you deliver or not.... you only need to fullfill the start demands...;
Edit2: The waiting/stored cargo is not cleaned up after town demanded it;
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:52:26 pm by ST2 »

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:04:48 am »

ST2

• View Profile
edit3: town grows at same speed... no matter if I deliver or not <<-- major bug here

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 12:29:57 am »

ST2

• View Profile
edit3: town grows at same speed... no matter if I deliver or not <<-- major bug here

edit4: why the heck a town needs Wood?
well, I guess towns grow with the deliver with deliver of a bunch of wood trunks

Chucky, are you kidding with ttd players or what?

note: I hate the edit limit, same as the Karma thingy - both are stupid and dnt know why enabled!
to complete it... server 6 CB mechanics

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:02 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
What a silly set of late night posts again  ::)

There is no valid problem with town requiring wood or storing passengers. It never was! Anyone can set as he likes. There were never any rules for city building requirements. Different approach is always welcomed and time will say if it was good and whether players like it.
Just because you are editing some CB script does not make you CB authority, so please, let others live in a way they want.

Also you are saying that town grows same speed all the time. That is wrong presumption. I played new n-iec CB for a while, and it grows significantly different when supplied or not. Obviously the script uses Town.Expand function to grow houses, and probably uses setGrowth only for the default growth, when not supplied. That is also the reason why it says Town grows every 200+ days all the time I guess, but houses count changes more often.
But you likely just didnt notice the details, I am sure it has nothing to do with your famous openttd knowledge.

Chucky, are you kidding with ttd players or what?

What is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to discredit Chucky or what? On what basis? Developing and testing new script? Are you speaking for the entire openttd community here? You better stop using that insidious phrase of yours.

And I think karma is very nice to show someone popularity. And if you are able to reach editing limits, you better think first before posting or delay posts to the morning, you know, when the mind is sober  ;D

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 10:29:15 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
I've never claimed any authority on whatever OpenTTD field and neither trying to discredit Chucky's work, on the contrary. And that's why this thread has the name above.
but at least I've reported something (despite the fact that exagerated on the not logical stuff), with is more that what you (The_Dude) did, even after stated "I played new n-iec CB for a while"
btw, no one answers a question with 5 more questions, unless the reason is don't have an answer for it! but don't worry, you gave the answer here: "Different approach is always welcomed and time will say if it was good and whether players like it.", wich I consider valid and true.

about the Karma stuff, being able to downvote/upvote same player on same post several times... doesn't seem logical to me... unless you like fake popularity... if that, ok, I'll accept!

and about being sober, for almost 6 months (hope you can say the same)... but since I didn't knew the edit limitations, thought could update post with info I gather from the game.
all I can say is: started a company, delivered 1st demands, and wood (there was 1 close) and stopped building... but town kept growing, at same speed. when checked game again, was with 1K more pop.
and as you say, SetGrowthRate can be set to TOWN_GROWTH_NONE when not suplied... that will fix the bogus growth... and we're all glad that The_Dude suggested that
<ST2> Over and out!

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
all I can say is: started a company, delivered 1st demands, and wood (there was 1 close) and stopped building... but town kept growing, at same speed. when checked game again, was with 1K more pop.
as i wrote, an "automatic growth" is enabled at testmodus! "CB-Test" means testmodus!  :P

SetGrowthRate can be set to TOWN_GROWTH_NONE when not suplied... that will fix the bogus growth..

well, this came with api1.4.0, but i have programmed based on api1.3.3  :P  :P

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

ST2

• View Profile
"well, this came with api1.4.0, but i have programmed based on api1.3.3"
well, I only know this because started working with 1.4.0-beta1, but still possible to set values ~30K(30996) - to stop town growing... even using 1.3.3 api's.

about the "CB-Test" means testmodus!, I know what it means... but players see this:
<+OTTD-6> This server's name is: #00# openttd.n-ice.org #6 NEW CITYBUILDER - 4000pop|TEMPERATE|1980-2100
that's where I wonder: it's not a test CB!

but when quoting a line, make it fully, please, to don't distort the message:
and as you say, SetGrowthRate can be set to TOWN_GROWTH_NONE when not suplied... that will fix the bogus growth... and we're all glad that The_Dude suggested that

<ST2> Over and out!

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 07:16:05 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
that's where I wonder: it's not a test CB!

It´s a test CB! All players will see it at town gui. I have captured it for you.

n8!

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:26 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
well, to normal players appears like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4le68w9jissssi/normal.png

not like your manipulated window

(Edit: only highlighted the info... needed on 1st line... and test servers don't create problem 4, because test state shouldn give points at all :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:40:35 pm by ST2 »

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 05:59:46 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh never saw it before, it could be that it comes with your current screen resolution only.