Ingame ban "for annoying people" on chat

Author (Read 15452 times)

Ingame ban "for annoying people" on chat
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:21 pm »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
Hi,

I was banned by alex879ro. The reason stated was: annoying people.
Well first of all I never knew that annoying behavior (on IRC) is a reason for a 30 day ban... Also the ban reason seems like a bit exaggerated since I have never got complaints except for alex...

I would like to be unbanned (at least from the game).
Looking forward to hearing a reply.
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

Re: Ingame ban "for annoying people" on chat
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:07:19 pm »

iSoSyS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anti-fun behavior (what includes spam, sabotaging, witch-hunting, hateful speech,...) is not a thing we want to see in ours servers! So until you correct yourself you will still banned.
P.S.:One day isn't enough to prove behavioral changes.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »

Andreas

• View Profile
Wow, is all I can say on this amount of hypocrisy...

First of all, as I asked before: what part of that happened ingame? Where and who did I sabotage? What part of telling a person that he is jeopardizing the server safety (in private) is a witch hunt? The only unfriendly thing I said was that he was acting like a little child. After my warning all I got were threats and accusations. If you do not know the full story, don't go spreading wild insinuations in public.
The only spam I ever did was more than a month ago for which I got a ban that ended up taking about 4 weeks. I did not ask to be unbanned from the chat. I asked  to be unbanned from the game.

Now please, if you do not want to go against alex879ro rather keep silent than display this kind of sorry insinuations...
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 07:02:46 pm »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
Andreas, you might think about changing nick to ST3 or something like that :D

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:54 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
he
Andreas, you might think about changing nick to ST3 or something like that :D
Sorry The_Dude... I'm not a wich, so you can stop the hunting! About the ban... Not my matters.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »

iSoSyS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow, is all I can say on this amount of hypocrisy...

First of all, as I asked before: what part of that happened ingame? Where and who did I sabotage? What part of telling a person that he is jeopardizing the server safety (in private) is a witch hunt? The only unfriendly thing I said was that he was acting like a little child. After my warning all I got were threats and accusations. If you do not know the full story, don't go spreading wild insinuations in public.
The only spam I ever did was more than a month ago for which I got a ban that ended up taking about 4 weeks. I did not ask to be unbanned from the chat. I asked  to be unbanned from the game.

Now please, if you do not want to go against alex879ro rather keep silent than display this kind of sorry insinuations...

I don't know where I said you did all of that... Maybe I didn't express myself in the best way, I meant:" we don't tolerate anti-fun behavior. Examples of anti-fun behavior are: spam, sabotaging, witch-hunting, hateful speech, etc. "
I never said you did all of the example. But you did some: spam, witch-hunting ...

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:48 pm »

Andreas

• View Profile
If I did not do those things, I don't understand the need to mention them as examples. Maybe if you are having a hard time to express yourself in English, keep to what is needed. It avoids such misunderstandings.

Now I repeat myself: There was no witch hunt. I tried to solve things in private but got ignored, accused  and threatened. That is why I had to take things higher up.
As to the spamming: I already told you that I already got punished for that. Also I don't see a connection between either of those accusations and an ingame ban. (since all of this happened in chat)

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
See other thread for info and my explanation on my opinion.

Anti-fun behavior (what includes spam, sabotaging, witch-hunting, hateful speech,...) is not a thing we want to see in ours servers! So until you correct yourself you will still banned.
P.S.:One day isn't enough to prove behavioral changes.

from what I understand he did not do anything wrong in this case. So there is nothing to correct. Getting one day to objectively defend himself could be more than enough to show this.

You are correct in that we do not tolerate Anti-fun behavior but this applies to ourselves as well. Please refrain from putting accusations without knowing the situation in the first place like Andreas is pointing out.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 02:50:22 am »

ST2

• View Profile
well,
this unban request started for the reason I well know. but...

some player (not active) tried to start an innuendo on me saying Ândreas to become a ST3.
personally I think that's a wich-hunting... and as Myhorta said, and well, not allowed here.

now.... to clear all the f****king situation... and ppl needs to know:
- alex879ro had/has some public sensible info in a public photo sharing service; (note: still there... remember that -  companies keep backups incase of court trials)
- Andreas told about the PUBLIC alex's profile (note: I remind you all: was a public profile and pictures)
- I told Andreas to speak to alex879ro in private to fix that, because was a dangeroues exposure
- I told to Frank the Andreas discover, and was public anyway, EVERYONE could see the pics there
- I, for sure, wouldn't say this to alex879ro, got banned from IRC channels for much less (**saved**)
- So, in the meanwhile.... Andreas didn't knwe I told Frank... and that Frank pocked alex (aka alex879ro)
- I think players don't need to know this - for the leack of "alex879ro" news on website...
- the same way he dont respect server rules (even the current ones) (or future ones if matters ^^)

but well.. quite long, but still continous ^^
- what being "admin" means to alex879ro?
- oh... forgot... what means being "Operator" to you?

and better... can you tell us the real reason for bans?
note: I was banned for 2 weeks for making a question!

Edit:... Sometimes I talk the truth... forgive me for that...
Won't happen again... I hope
#not#

hint to all palyers: ST2 roccks ^^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:07:03 am by ST2 »

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:15 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
celebrations, ST2 came to save the day again with his miraculous insight.

I love good flame, so allow me to join.

You again showed how it warmths your heart when you can just hurry up and mock someone.

Especialy when it is Alex making mistakes, it is of course needed to tell everybody dozen times and annoy Alex hundred times about it and we should all wonder why certain people got banned. Why dont we ever learn, that annoy Alex always leads to one end?

I am not active on xbase IRC, so raeding only this forum, it more or less seems to me, that Andreas is kicking around and causing havoc (for example the inconvienient reply to Myhorta). I am saying that only to show, how it can appear to IRC non active people, I am not myself presuaded, that this view can be the true picture.

The witch hunt, Myhorta was talking about, was reffering to constant dirt throwing on Alex from side of certain people (Andreas, ST2, ...), not to banning you two. Pointing out his mistakes may be sometimes justified, but the way and the amount just says, that the problem here is not professional, but personal. And if you both behave this way in your real life, I have nothing but pity for you.

When you know that Alex has bad temper (which you pointed out several times), why do you still keep provocing him? What do you expect will happen? Expecting, that someone will change is silly. It is everyone of us, we have to change our attitude, if we want better results.

Edit:... Sometimes I talk the truth... forgive me for that...
Won't happen again... I hope #not#

hint to all palyers: ST2 roccks ^^

The word 'sometimes' should be emphasized.
And yes, it is important to compliment oneself at the end. Applause to that.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 01:15:00 pm »

Andreas

• View Profile
The_Dude, I am used to a higher level of replies from you...

You again showed how it warmths your heart when you can just hurry up and mock someone.

Especialy when it is Alex making mistakes...

Replace Alex by ST2 in that sentence and this might just be a perfect example of "the pot calling the kettle black..."

Now just a short reply to the alleged witch-hunt: I understand how things might seem and I guess that is just something I need to deal with. Each of my actions towards him has been provoked from his side (imo)... I'll be the first to admit that my topic in the complaints section was started because I personally felt offended by allegations thrown at me. This is quite unrelated though.

If you want to have details or examples ask me and you can get them. I your aim is just to pour a little more oil on the fire: keep it up, it seems to work

@ST2: thanks for telling the truth, but in this case I did not feel that it was needed for me to go into details because I already told the people that need to know and I assume they will deal with it.  This topic was started for the reason I mentioned in the first post: I see no relation between my actions and an in-game ban.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:49:37 pm »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
I am sorry to dissapoint you. Not always my bright day :-)

If your aim is just to pour a little more oil on the fire: keep it up, it seems to work

Aye, forgive me. I'll take that lesson, as it is excellent advice. Hope you live up to your own advices too though.

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 09:59:00 pm »

Andreas

• View Profile
Fair point and taken. I guess I have to realize better when things are fruitless and just let it be.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 08:12:20 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I really did not want to interfere, but slowly it gets out of here and I've no desire to read even more about. Is the chapter not finished? Andreas, enjoy the spring breaks or holidays and after that show to us how you can play in game.

PS: Please forgive me for my english, i´m not a native speaker.

PS2: Do you think it´s usefull to have this kind of signature?

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 09:20:43 am »

Andreas

• View Profile
I agree that it gets a bit  out of hand here. This topic could have been closed much earlier though if I got a reply to ONE relevant question. I will repeat it for the fourth time now:
What is the connection between my actions and an in-game ban?

Fact of the matter is that even in this large amount of replies there is no answer to a quite specific question. All I see are some vague insinuations. If I compare that to other topics here this is a big difference. In those topics at least one admin is usually able to  give the reason (quite fast).

Unfortunately no spring break for me...  No need to apologize for your English, I am not a native speaker either and I am aware that my English is far from perfect aswell.
About the signature, I was made to believe that quote was meant in a friendly/neutral way so I saw no harm in it.

PS. I don't think there is a need to show you how I can play. Most of you have seen me play more than once. In that games I have been warned exactly once. This was in a long run game I was playing with my flatmate for not leaving enough space around a factory. So again, nothing to prove IMO.