Ingame ban "for annoying people" on chat

Author (Read 15391 times)

Re: Ingame ban "for annoying people" on chat
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 10:20:59 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
What is the connection between your actions and an in-game ban?

I can hardly judge that, but maybe your actions caused community ban, which means ban from all service?
Like when you make mess in one restaurant of some restaurant's chain and they would not let you to any of their reastaurants?

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 12:15:10 pm »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile
... What is the connection between my actions and an in-game ban?

I´m sure that you know that all ingame chat is delivered to the irc channel, so you have the chance to continue that you have done before.

Unfortunately no spring break for me...

I´m so sorry, you have misunderstood me. Read between the rows, i wanted to say enjoy "your timeout".

About the signature, I was made to believe that quote was meant in a friendly/neutral way so I saw no harm in it.

Does it friendly if you repeat a sentence from ONE member in every post you have written?

PS. I don't think there is a need to show you how I can play. Most of you have seen me play more than once...

I´m so sorry, you have misunderstood me. Read between the rows, i wanted to say "please be more a player".

Take it easy and enjoy the weekend, that´s my last answer to this.

Chucky

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 05:57:16 pm »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
Sure I know that the chat is mirrored, not sure what you mean by "what I have done before" though.
Don't worry, I was not under the impression that you were planning on un-banning me.

Do you know how signatures work? I don't repeat anything, it is placed automatically. Since I was told that it was not meant negative I took it as a compliment. If anybody is bothered by it, they can just tell m and I'll change it. Is it bothering you?

I don't  understand how I can be more a player. I have never done anything wrong in-game (except for the warning mentioned earlier). Also I regularly help players if they ask a question or so.

Really guys, I don't get why I suddenly am the bad-guy. I finally realize see that everything I say is fruitless though, so I'll give up my appeal.

PS. maybe you guys should hire The_Dude as spokesman. Except for Imus he was the only one that gave a clear reply without insinuations or 'reading between the lines'.
Since he is a global moderator here on the forums I'll just go with his reply.

PPS. This topic can be locked now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:59:00 pm by Andreas »
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 12:40:58 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Since the topic was locked, I feel I can reply now without re-starting an argument. The logs between me and Andreas were analyzed by all the n-ice admins, therefore I consider that every admin has an oppinion based on the logs. I thank every admin that posted an oppinion here supporting or not supporting my decision

I considered that Andreas knew why he was banned, he knew about the risk of getting banned.

[2014-02-24 00:32:28] <Andreas> Now ban me if you want alex879ro

Ban period: 30 days with possiblity of extension because of repeated attempts to avoid the ban and also threats

Reason of the ban:
Annoying person who needs a break

Explanation for the reason: Regardless of any type of conversation, the user has been repeatedly warning for not knowing when to stop with the conversations and messages. The user also had a previous ban on the same matter which was partially non-respected (he was never unbanned, but he still showed up in the chat) and has shown no sign of improving that behaviour.The user has continued to spam messages for 2-3 days after the ban, forcing the admin to place him on ignore.

Additional notes: 1)User claims that he wasn`t warned to stop before receiving the ban, even after being ignored by the admin,  after angry replies from the admin, still continuing to use the nickname alarm and continued to spam messages even after the ban and attempt to avoid the ban.
                                       2)User claims he does not know why he has been banned on IRC and on the OpenTTD servers

Additional notes from the admin: Andreas, I apologise for believing that you were lying about not telling others. Indeed , you were right.

Final verdict: The admin has made a mistake in not believing that the user was telling the truth and has apologised for that. The reason of ban is on another matter and the period of banning will be 30 days + a possibility of extension if the user continues to try to avoid the ban. Considering that the user has a previous ban because of the same behaviour which was partially non-respected and did not fix the problem, the admin decides to extend the ban to IRC channel and also in-game, considering that a bigger break is needed for this user.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:59:30 am by alex879ro »