You are Here:
Interserver tournament

Author (Read 17685 times)

Interserver tournament
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:40:06 pm »

solo

• View Profile
Hello n-ice people.

Most of you will not know me so i will introduce myself a little bit.
My name is solo and i have been playing openttd since a few years now. Started on ex! servers, later luukland which turned into novapolis. Sometimes play a bit on bt-pro and n-ice aswell. Also checking the websites every now and then.

So, im a player from novapolis and we have had some discussions lately to perhaps organise a tournament with teams from different servers duking it out. (most likely being novapolis/bt.pro/n-ice).  Idea behind it ofcourse being the good old 'who beats who' but also getting some more interaction with different people, seeing new tactics, improving server settings and more.

Ofcourse, as some of you know on novapolis we use server settings and rules that are far apart from the ones used on bt-pro and n-ice. Therefor, to make such a tournament happen, good agreements on settings and rules have to be made.

Before getting into to much detail; How do you guys look upon such an idea?

Gr,

solo

Re: Interserver tournament
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:55:10 pm »

Batt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good idea. I have to return and practice then  ;)

Do you have any proposals in mind for server settings or the goal values?
Solo competition or the team play?

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:06:25 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hi Solo, internally we were already in on this idea :) Alex has asked me to be the representative for n-ice to act as a mediator. I already had a quick word with the_dude so he knows where to find me ( on the #openttd.chat mostly). I was waiting for him to get into contact with someone from btpro to get together on how we're going to agree on the settings etc ... can I conclude from this that you are the representative from novapolis?

@Batt: nothing has been decided yet as far as i know :) But i'll be sure to put it on the forum somewhere whenever I got the required information.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26:23 pm »

solo

• View Profile
Yes you can call me the novapolis representative ;).

No batt this was pure to see how intersted n-ice players are in this. Deciding settings goals rules and stuff will take some time.

For now i would think of a team effort. We should just see how it goes and perhaps plan some more games after that.

How do we proceed imus? Shall i start a new thread on Bt-pro?

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:40:11 am »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That might be a good idea, although I'm not sure how active their forum is. It might be a better idea to go to their IRC channel (see chat page on our site for the server and join #btpro-chat) and while you're at it, you could join #openttd.chat and say hi to me ^.^

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »

crazyarno

• View Profile
The idea is good, just the cheek to agree on the server settings, and rules and develop teams

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:52 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
the concept is good but before I say any word if I want/can play or not... I want to say this: ST2 is banned from Novapolis (and trully I don't know why - never played there and never said anything on IRC channels - ofc, taking the hello's and stuff).
So yes, the concept is good... but only that!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:33:33 pm by ST2 »

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 09:47:19 am »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
what about asking to unban you there?
saying ''please'' works miracles sometimes

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 12:25:09 pm »

solo

• View Profile
Figure that out with thedude personally ST2. Besides that im pretty sure we can arrange a 1-day unban if needed aswell.

That is, if we were to play the game at novapolis server.

Waiting for a representative from btpro to be selected and we can start settings discussion. Im pretty sure we can find a way to please everybody.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 09:21:23 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
solo, I still don't know why I'm not welcomed in Novapolis servers but for what I've seen, an interserver tournament only will be possible if BTPro, n-ice and Novapolis players don't have limitations to play in. And since Novapolis have a strange ban policy and n-ice can't hold a tournament server (atm)... only remains 1 possibility.

so, as I said, the concept is good, but the above mentioned things must be solved... till then...

Edit: since solo can't solve it on Novapolis side... neither imus on n-ice side... there's only 1 solution for the Interserver tournament!

That means the games must be made in the remaining server. Settings can be discussed later, if an agreement on previous statements, taking in fact the limitations stated above!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:53:04 pm by ST2 »

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 11:15:50 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
what about asking to unban you there?
saying ''please'' works miracles sometimes

and what about knowing why the ban happened? that would be great... because I dnt see a reason to a "sorry" or "please" when nothing was made to a ban be made.

anyway, my answer is above... and this kind of answer Geert... you're on the unknow place! And you've lost an opportunity to be shut while I had good opinions about you.
and I ask please... keep your answers straight... and do NOT enter in fields you dnt know... but that's getting usual on n-ice... just guessing ^^

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 07:17:59 am »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's true that we are currently a little short on room for tournament servers and it's still unsure what is going to happen on that part. So as a temporary solution I can agree on doing it on btpro, or maybe just do the first match on btpro to see how that goes.

ST2: You will have to talk about this with The_Dude personally. Perhaps just come to an agreement that you could get an unban for a day to join in on the tournament. Or if that really does not work find other players for you to play in that match. Btpro should have enough good players right?

But let's just try to get our first match on btpro and then see from there what we can do :).

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 08:28:41 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
I see this topic derailed a bit from its former course to solving ST2's personal stuff :-)

I do not see a problem here. Players banned from one of the communities will simply not be able to take active part in the inter server tournament. Harrasing rules of certain community has this unfortunate consequence.
For example, should a player, who is currently most active on Novapolis be banned from BTPro or n-ice, want to kick for a Novapolis, he will be refused.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 01:47:54 am »

ST2

• View Profile
maybe The_Dude has a point there... at some point... and somehow this turned a bit personal... but wasn't from my side! Unless there's a reason to my person have a ban now on Novapolis servers that I dnt know (unless became personal long time ago).

And as I said, Novapolis have some doubtful ban policies, n-ice can't handle a tournament server (atm), there's only 1 solution for the Interserver tournament, and for any interserver tournament!

And using words like this: "Perhaps just come to an agreement that you could get an unban for a day to join in on the tournament" will lead me to say: "Perhaps just come to an agreement that you could get a ban for that day to don't be able to join in on the tournament".  Personally I think is fair enough.

The_Dude: "Harrasing rules of certain community has this unfortunate consequence. " This sentence was clearly for me... now to clean the doubts: where and when did I act that way with Novapolis? (people need to know that too)

note: because it's called "Interserver tournament" I think I have a word on it... a personal word...

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 07:23:36 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
You forgot to realize, that we are the same community as Luukland's Servers was, just the name is different. Nothing personal, we both know that I was not admin there while you were banned. But former admin team informed me in detail on your actions against our ocmmunity, and from actions I can see you are doing here, I came to conclusion that nothing has changed, and the reason to ban still persists.
Should I tell in detail why you were banned back on Luukland/Novapolis? Some logs perhaps? Or how you returned on fake nicks to make malicious gossip on our forum? All you did back there was just destroying our community and annoying people there, and because we have our "strange" (you havent told us what is strange about it) policy and high standards of player's manners. Objectively viewing, the ban is still valid and justified.

BTPro representative for tounament is currently cxc. You did not show interest in dealing with it, yet you are talking here like you do. And it does not really belong in this topic, as it is really your personal matter. You should ask me in person first, but you had to pull it in public.

If you, as BTPro admin want to distract the tournament, say it directly, so we spare future nuisance.