You are Here:
BTPro FIRS Tournament

Author (Read 13909 times)

BTPro FIRS Tournament
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:13:47 am »

ST2

• View Profile
The BTPro team proudly announces our next tournament: "Ordos & Kilamba" Special FIRS CityBuilder Fever!

A tribute to the builders of cities. Let's keep them motivated and working!

This "builders citybuilder" will require Building Materials, Passengers, Mail, Food, Goods, Petrol and Alcohol. More details below.

Required NewGRF's:
- OpenGFX + Trains 0.3.0;
- OpenGFX + Road Vehicles 0.4.0;
- FISH 0.9.2;
- FIRS 1.3.0; (FIRS economy)

All can be downloaded under "Check Online Content" option/button.

Tournament Date:
- 10/08/2014 (Sunday, August 10th) - 16:00 (GMT)

More information about server settings, demands, etc. And for signing up for the tournament: here

Re: BTPro FIRS Tournament
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 04:06:51 am »

ST2

• View Profile
There's cookies (not literally)... but cookies on it :D

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 06:28:20 am »

Chucky

• Administrator
    • View Profile

hello ST2,

I'm glad BTPRO is having a special event... and thank you for advertised it here...
we'll be glad to advertise our future events on BTPRO forum too...

Similarities to real existing posts or topics on other forums are not totally random   8)  and yes, i know your answer so no need to answer again with <censored> phrases ... I talked with my fortune-teller to get the truth!

Over and out!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:28:21 pm »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
I don't think that should be a problem Chucky: BTPro and Novapolis have advertised each other's tournament on the other forums for quite some time now, and I for one think it is a good thing.

Tournaments are fun, even more so if there is more competition. They can also be a good thing to attract people to the game, or online playing of the game, (irrespective of the community)
You might not be aware of it but most, if not all good players are active on multiple communities or were in the past. They offer different servers, goals, slight rule differences and other type of competitors.

I can understand your irritation versus ST2, but in this case I highly doubt the need of sarcasm.

(besides this opinion I am also of the oppinion that even more cooperation between communities could be a huge benefit. In stead of multiple servers with the same goals and more or less the same map (essentially splitting the potential player base) the focus could be on offering variety. Also shared moderators/ admins (definitions of those differ quite a lot on different communities) could increase the % of time someone is available (decreasing player frustration). Shared development of game features could also be done.
Now don't get me wrong, I know this is hard because of differences in point of view and silly little vendettas like these but a bit more cooperation in stead of dirt throwing could really benefit both "sides")
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 03:17:48 am »

Kwissy

• Global Moderator
  • Chimp the pimp
    • View Profile
I have nothing against promoting openttd events in general, but @andreas the sarcasm was just at the right moment at the right place:
http://openttd.btpro.nl/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=32&id=2081&Itemid=604

Most community members would cooperate and it would make sense to do so, on some others, not closer mentioned, i have my doubts.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 08:02:16 am »

Andreas

• View Profile
touché
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Andreas, you made a very good pointer: More community cooperation will do a lot of good and increase the quality of OpenTTD and of the communities.

However, Chucky`s irritation is understandable since cooperation is done VOLUNTARILY and with a pre-agreement before it starts. Judging from Chucky`s reaction, I doubt that ST2 discussed it with anybody on n-ice before posting that here.
Unfortunately, there is only one name for such a type of publicity: Spam

Also, please do not defend such a behaviour because it would encourage the persons reading it to think that it is ok to spam here articles about anything.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »

Andreas

• View Profile
Oh dear lord thank you for saving the day with your miraculous insight...

First of all I said that I also understand the irritation. Secondly I do not defend any person or server/community in particular. I support good ideas (imo) and contest ideas I consider bad. Did  you even see all the posts where I defended N-Ice while you were holding radio silence? The previous post about the tournament (in Portugese) was trolling and spamming and I spoke out to that as well.

Besides, did you read the full conversation before your reply? (including Kwissy's link?)

Also you might want to look through the n-ice rules again before classifying posts as spam:
9. No spamming or commercial advertising. Recommending OpenTTD related web pages or other servers is OK.
I think this case is explicitly mentioned here...

By the way nice to see you again and a sincere congratulations on giving chucky more privileges and access. From what I have seen he has done an excelent job the past few months  :D.

Also nice to  see that you now know what pointers are in stead of thinking they mean something like jabs

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 02:15:20 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I know that each conversation with you can just go on without an end so I`ll keep to my point.

1: I didn`t clasify it as a spam in terms of N-ice rules. If I would have done that, it would have been deleted.
I`m pretty sure that you can see such advertisments posted in every group of facebook, comment section of news sites on the internet. The name is the same: Spam

Repeating the promotion of an event even if in another language is still spam (who read it, remembers it...who didn`t, doesn`t want to read it anymore so a 2nd recommendation only fills up the space. Whoever thinks that recommending an event a million times without a reason will get him more users is wrong)

If I`d want to go on word by word about this: I do not see the word "tournaments....or events" in that rule, but I think that debating the rules on words is another conversation without end because the rules are made so humans can understand what they can`t do. They`re not made for machines

I didn`t see all the posts where you defended N-ice and by chance and curiosity I saw this one. I don`t see the point of this sentence since I never thought u would defend this behaviour from other posts.

I did say that I agree with your pointer : Cooperation between communities is good
I also pointed out that the part about posting without an approval or even a warning to the admins of n-ice constitutes something from which neither community can benefit. I considered that this part was "absent or non-spoken about" in your oppinion.

Therefore I consider that Chucky`s sarcasm and irritation are both understandable and I think we should praise his patience. Other admins (including myself) would have deleted the posts and the account of the creator and take precautious measures to avoid such " rule pushings " from happening again. Chucky manifested his sarcasm and irony but was very patient.

Since an endless argument won`t be beneficial for either of us or for this topic, I won`t continue with the answers if I feel that we are going off-course.

It`s nice to see someone appreciating Chucky for the work he has done in the past few months. I have the same oppinion about him.
The sentence "I gave Chucky more privileges is not reflecting the truth". Chucky is a member of the active admin team of n-ice while I stepped down because my free time is rather uncertain and simply didn`t allow me to be an active admin anymore.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:22:31 am by alex879ro »

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 08:58:01 am »

Andreas

• View Profile
It is funny to see that after months of silence the only (public) post that draws your attention and urge to reply enough is one like this. Also you still seem to think that being dramatic and exaggerate will get more sympathy for your point.  To prevent us getting stuck on definitions again I highlighted some sentences and phrases I consider dramatic and/or exaggeration:
...each conversation with you can just go on without an end..
...advertisments posted in every group of facebook, comment section of news sites on the internet...
...recommending an event a million times...
(this is not an attack or something I expect a reply on, simply an observation)

I never thought u would defend this behaviour from other posts.
I am glad that you do not think I am the evil bastard that will take every chance to attack you anymore :)

I did say that I agree with your pointer : Cooperation between communities is good
I also pointed out that the part about posting without an approval or even a warning to the admins of n-ice constitutes something from which neither community can benefit. I considered that this part was "absent or non-spoken about" in your oppinion. Therefore I consider that Chucky`s sarcasm and irritation are both understandable and I think we should praise his patience.
If you do not want to take the conversation in circles, why repeat yourself? Especially since it is on a point I did not contest? Also do you know what touché means?Used as an acknowledgement during a discussion of a good or clever point made at one’s expense by another person: In this context it means that after kwissy's link I understand the words Chucky used and acknowledge that my reply was partially wrong.

Other admins (including myself) would have deleted the posts and the account of the creator and take precautious measures to avoid such " rule pushings " from happening again. Chucky manifested his sarcasm and irony but was very patient.
I am well aware of that, but I think that deleting this post or deleting an account about this post would be wrong because it is harmless and does not break any rules. You might not agree that it could be an example of cooperation, but it is still not worth the above mentioned actions imho.

I won`t continue with the answers if I feel that we are going off-course.
Nobody forces anybody to do anythig

The sentence "I gave Chucky more privileges is not reflecting the truth".
Being able to do more things and have more access in servers and so on is often called privileges. Since Chucky has clearly got more, and you were one of the few persons that could grant him that, I concluded what I said. I fail to see what part of this is not reflecting the truth. Maybe you understood me wrong. I did not mean that you gave him some kind of special treatment or favored him in an unfair way or based on nothing at the expense of others. I do not even care what the reasons were, neither do I or should I have any say in that process. I simply applaud the steps and the outcome. It is always a good thing to have somebody capable of taking over, especially if your presence is uncertain as you indicated yourself.

Last but not least, you might not believe it but I am not just contesting you at everything for the sport of it. Despite our differences I can be convinced of something else than my initial idea. I think that your idea that I can keep on going endlessly is due to the fact that I do not stop because the other party starts exaggerating, repeating and dragging non related matters to the discussion in a sea of words.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 07:46:12 pm »

Kwissy

• Global Moderator
  • Chimp the pimp
    • View Profile
The only winner in that discussion is Mr. ST2... mission accomplished + chocolatecookiebonus.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:30 am »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bravo Kwissy....
Very well said:) 8)

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 12:53:15 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
:)) Indeed. Well said Kwissy.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 01:36:56 pm »

Andreas

• View Profile