You are Here:
Server 8 after the change

Author (Read 6041 times)

Server 8 after the change
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:28:06 am »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you or do you not like the idea of server 8? Submit your ideas here pro or against...and also proposals on how to make it more attractive :)
Until then...I wish you a good game;)

Re: Server 8 after the change
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
For the brief moment that I played it, I did like it. You do force it into a pax-only game(well almost), most likely intended. Except if you want to go for farms maybe...

edit cause I don't want to double post

pro:
- easy to get some decent start
- no fighting over the big cities that slow down your start really hard

cons:
- Players still tend to terraform a lot, even tho TL7 doesn't need full straight lines. And no, that 10~20k profit more per trip does not make it worth it. (just a guess).
- Might be hard to build good networks with 5 players playing there, as cities take a lot of room ... (research required for this one). Too bad you can't control where the cities are placed, cause the number of cities near the edges is good, in the center a little too much (might not be such a big problem as I'm thinking right now). => should have enough room to place at least 2 tracks at any point in the game.
- it tends to get boring quit fast ... (or is that just me?)

Will need to do some more games here for better feedback :) most likely not going to happen unless if I really want to figure out how to build the most efficient station for maglevs.
What I've seen is that almost all players just stop playing after reaching about 250M CV. That's 1/8th of the current goal....
I too get bored after building that initial big network, and might be bothered to build a second one if that would net me in a win after an hour or so?

in short:
I like it for being able to toy around with maglevs without fighting over cities. I don't like that it is a long goal server ... but that might be my preference.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:31:55 am by imus »