Author (Read 22458 times)

1.3.0 C - n-ice version
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:26:03 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
New public version released (aka available):
1.3.0 - 32bit: http://openttd.n-ice.org/client/n-ice_Client_1.3.0_C_32Bit.zip
1.3.0 - 64bit: http://openttd.n-ice.org/client/n-ice_Client_1.3.0_C_64Bit.zip

Some changes at Intro menu among other improvements, added some patches available on tt-forums:
- Rating in town label - by Terkhen
- Transported cargo table - by Honza_
- Measuring tools - by Wolf01
- City names in different colour - Honza_
- Orders control with alt/ctrl/shift and setting gui - by blup
- Manhattan and square distance of vehicle route in orders gui - by The Dude
- Count of cities/towns - by The Dude
Our special thanks to patch makers :)

It's a public version, for all players that want to use it, source code changes included.
(note: don't talk bad of some changes... I'm not a programmer, only trying to provide some new ttd experiences, easier at least :)

Enjoy the games ;)

Edit: fixed credits
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:09:57 pm by ST2 »

Re: 1.3.0 C - n-ice version
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
N-Ice changes. ;)

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:54:33 am »

ST2

• View Profile
here I have to answer to Naz...

After I've changed BTPro public/admin versions I thought on make the same to n-ice!

good games all :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:20:38 am by ST2 »

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:56:17 am »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:32:19 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
both links are correct.
take in count that your browser or antivirus can try to block the download, because the zip files have an executable file inside (obviously the openttd.exe :D)

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:53:01 pm »

naz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Got it..Used different browser. Thanx

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »

Andreas

• I'm not THAT hot :)
    • View Profile
Thanks ST2, great work again. I like the patches that are included, and it would take me till 1.3.1 to make them all work together, so I am glad you saved that job :).
alex879ro: "Each player has a different knowledge of the game, and then we got Andreas :)"

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 05:33:44 pm »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
Very nice indeed. I like it that some of my patches were included to n-ice/btpro clients.

NOVAPOLIS invasion! :D

I see n-ice and bpro communities react really fast on our own patched client release. Cheers!

Just some comments and ideas, if I may
- City names in different colour - by MagicBuzz (Town colors in the town list) / Honza_
This is incorrect. I dont know where you get that magibuzz is, but the patch of cities in different (yellow) colour is done only by Honza_, as you can clearly read on tt forums http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64220

After I've changed BTPro public/admin versions I thought on make the same to n-ice!
Actually, why not to make both clients one client. As I can see, only strings and some server IPs are different. Some button for switching the menus between n-ice/btpro maybe?
Having one client for both would be very useful for those, who plays on both. Also it would spare some time making and compiling client.

Also with the admin client. Why do you do one client for each admin? Seems really not effective and, well ... strange. As this all can be configured easily via settings. Also shipping admin clients with diffs would be nice, if you want to be true with gpl licence.

I presume you use mingw for compiling. That is just fine, mingw is actually most simple to use for compiling on windows compared to other alternatives (I myself started with mingw). But since you added new files to source.lst, why dont add those files also to MSVC, so it is prepared for it.
I had to edit it to make it compile!!! :D

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
actually was already my intention of add some goodies on public versions... but yes, Novapolis client triggered that :P

This is incorrect. I dont know where you get that magibuzz is, but the patch of cities in different (yellow) colour is done only by Honza_, as you can clearly read on tt forums http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64220
You're right, it was my confusion with test version that I have where I use a variation of this: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51363 (the 1st one with some changes, to something like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48606680/_old/Selection958586550.png)

Actually, why not to make both clients one client. As I can see, only strings and some server IPs are different. Some button for switching the menus between n-ice/btpro maybe?
Having one client for both would be very useful for those, who plays on both. Also it would spare some time making and compiling client.
This already exists (my test version ^^), where respective txt files are read and info stored in openttd.cfg (info for buttons to connect directly to servers). Some ideas are still maturing.

About the admin version per admin was my decision (for reasons I don't want to talk here) and you're right again, I should include the diffs! Anyway, since I haven't made that... better remove the links where those versions are to download. But anyway are almost equal to public versions.

Finally, are compiled in Visual Studio 2010 (and files included in project are using my folder structure, added in openttd_vs100.vcxproj and openttd_vs100.vcxproj.filters). I think only needs to be edited if using different folder structure or other MSVC version, because of project files.

Thank you The_Dude
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:44:16 pm by ST2 »

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
Thanks for the correction.

Yes, MSVC 2010, that explains why I had to add the files manually as I use another version.  My bad.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 08:20:34 am »

Dobro

• View Profile
Thank u guys. Good work. 8)

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
About the admin version per admin was my decision (for reasons I don't want to talk here) and you're right again, I should include the diffs! Anyway, since I haven't made that... better remove the links where those versions are to download. But anyway are almost equal to public versions.

This raises some curiosity about the reasons. What intentions have lead you to make something like this? Considering btpro has now so much admins, do you want to imply you are actually compiling version for each one of them?  :D

As a maker of Novapolis admin superpower client I am really interested what advantages that brings :-)

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 01:48:19 am »

ST2

• View Profile
I knew that would raise some curiosities...
to keep them simple:
- I've released code I've used;
- 32 and 64 bit versions;
- working on on code compatible to Win32-64/MacOS/Linux (was already done and tested in all those OS's - preparing it for 1.3.1)

why Novapolis only released 32 bit version? - 90% of players have 64bit windows/linux/macOS.

my excuse to dnt have a generic Linux and MacOS version are the damn libraries to include as static ones.
your excuse to dnt have a 64bit version is?

note: I test many things on my "test version", but noticed that even Zoning patch can't spot the cheaters, if the cheater is good (and know the mechanics) when the station spreads are huge.

This raises some curiosity about the reasons.
to me too: why not a 64bit version?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:59:09 am by ST2 »

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:04 am »

The_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Novapolis
First the 64 bit things, as you are so so so curious about it :-)

Sure, I have 64 windows too. And I am using 32 bit all the time, no problem with it, no performance issues.
So question is why to do 64 bit? Maybe there is some good reason, I will gladly learn. But I doubt I would compile it anyway, I am no compile farm.

I havent noticed you reacted on my previous post.
I was curious about the admin version in fact, as I talked with several of n-ice/btpro admins and everybody says that you dont include sources, which in the first line is against gpl licence openttd is under (once you share binary you have to share code, ask openttd development team ;-) ), but what interests me is the login mechanism as it would be of course very nice to have in novapolis admin client, but I understand it is probably kept secret (well, our client is too, but admins get nice diff of course, so they can compile e.g. the 64 bit version :D )

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 02:03:47 pm »

ST2

• View Profile
All links not respecting the License were removed, as I told previously :)