change for Server k4 or other?

Author (Read 8028 times)

change for Server k4 or other?
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »

BlueFox

• View Profile
I want a Server with this:

Same Map as Server k4 but
Train and Station spread 30 or better 35 fields...
Trainmaximum 500
Airplanemaximum 50 or 100
Roadvehiclemaximum 150
Shipmaximum 50 or 100

Goal at 50 Bill (or 100Bil ???) with 1000 perf. Start at 1990 (or 1995), End at 2200

for weekend games....  :-*

If this possible?

What do you think?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:35:45 pm by BlueFox »

Re: change for Server k4 or other?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »

Geert

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
well we always like bigger and better.

but 4 weeks ago we had 4 big companies playing at the same time.
2 of those guys couldnt log in anymore at 80% of the game

if we make the server bigger only a few will be able to play. if you want to play alone you also can play without multiplayer ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 03:44:39 pm »

BlueFox

• View Profile
hahahahaha....  ::)

Sorry for my question... i play singleplayer, now...  :o

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:37 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What Geert wanted to say is not something you should be upset on. I can tell you in a simpler way:

I`m a huge fan of big servers....If it was up to me ....we would have made a server with max settings of openttd. But there is only one big problem about it: lag
The bigger the server is.....the less players can play on it and the more load it creates. The load has been handled (we have 2 machines that hose the servers) . The first problem remains tho: How can we create a big server without having latency problems. I`ve had dozens of situations where I was playing and I lost connection...and I have a good internet connection. So if you find a solution to the latency problem....I can personally guarantee that we`ll implement your proposal. We haven`t found it yet...

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:20:27 pm »

BlueFox

• View Profile
I wish only :)

Same Map as Server k4, same setup (Citys, Indusry and other) but with Sea all around the Map.
And more Iron....  :o

Vehiclesetup:

Train and Station spread 30
Trainmaximum 400
Airplanemaximum 30
Roadvehiclemaximum 250
Shipmaximum 30

Goal:
50 Bil and 1000 Perf (or 999)

Start Jear 1990 - End at 2200

Maximum 10 Companys (less lag? o.O)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:54:16 am by BlueFox »

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 12:58:39 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BlueFox....I told you once.....As long as we do not have a solution for the lag, any extesion of the K4 server is out of question. I`m trully sorry about it....I know how you feel . I used to play on server 5  like you ...and back then K4 didn`t exist. And I always wished to make the server larger...But when I made it larger.....I had to reduce the settings afterwards because the lag was just too big. We already have complains about 80% of people not being able to connect to K4 after the half of the game. As I said before....If we find a solution to fix the lag , yes, we agree to enlarge K4 , but so far ......we haven`t been able to. Anyway , K4 is one of the biggest Ottd servers.... It`s very hard to keep it like this considering all the complaints we get. (Don`t forget that K5 was shrinked) So , if you really want to make the server bigger ...think about a solution to eliminate the lag.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:22 pm »

BlueFox

• View Profile
...think about a solution to eliminate the lag.

::) i made a Server for n-ice, too?  :o
Cost to mine. Admin to you... (i wish no Admin...)
But when it is desired. I can rent a Root Server for N-Ice.

Would like to support N-Ice even just a little.

I had for a long time ago even a Clan/gaming Community.
I know, therefore,
you can always use the Supports.

Another question:

Is there a possibility to donate something for the other servers?

N-Ice (openttd) is very good.
I just want to help to get better...

And sorry for my megalomaniac wish... but is my fav... ;)

Keep it up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:23:38 pm by BlueFox »

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 02:13:52 pm »

alex879ro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you wish to contribute with a server , sure, it can have your settings and the n-ice features. True, that would be a solution...you can set any goal you`d like there. But still you won`t fix the lag...but if you don`t get burned, you won`t learn ^^)  Normally we don`t accept donations.

If you want to get involved in the N-ice Network, you should come to IRC and talk to xOR. He`s the only one who can decide and help you set it up in case you decide to do so. I`m in charge only of maintaining to a proper level of running (no trollers, no breakdowns and to implement certain changes to make them more competitive)

You can either choose to  ----- come to IRC channel (specified in the webpage) (Chat section ; OpenTTD.Chat channel) and talk to xOR (when he is online) 
                                                                [Time is a problem for him] (I`ll mail him and tell him the situation so he can make some time to enter IRC)
                                         ------ Open a thread in this forum and I`ll mail him and indicate to him to look at your thread so you guys can proper talk

Normally for this contribution , you will receive Admin privileges and become a part of N-ice network. Also, we will have the chance of improving the range of goals and maps  (Maybe an Extreme Desert Goal) ...who knows ^^

But this would indeed be a solution to get your desired server :P