You are Here:
Two continents

Author (Read 4817 times)

Two continents
« on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »

Trollbuster

• View Profile
I don't know if it is possible to do, but a map with two (or more) continents which you would have to link with ships would be nice.
This way players are forced to build harbours and transfer systems.

Re: Two continents
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:13:36 pm »

PixL

• View Profile
I think I've seen scenarios and heightmaps with this theme. I like the idea myself, it would be interesting to see what kind of systems people would make.
However, there is (at least) 1 problem with this idea:
Ships and aircraft are usually limited on servers (and for good reason) so making a map with large amounts of water, which can only be crossed by ships and aircraft wouldn't make much sense. This would lead to people terraforming land between the two continents, and at that point, what difference would there be between a normal server and this "two continents" one?
A solution could be to not restrict ships and/or aircraft, but seeing as they are really easy to set up, wouldn't that take away some of the fun?
An alternative could be that you have to have a certain amount of profit from each individual vehicle category in order to win, this would be very interesting. However, seeing as I know Jack s**t about coding, I don't know if such a script is available, or even possible.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:28:29 pm by PixL »
Winning is for Losers!

Re: Two continents
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 03:38:38 am »

Cossack

• arl hook u in the gabber
    • View Profile
I like this idea. I actually played on BT pro's European Server today and thought it was great, i'd love to see something like this but perhaps with different settings. Also, having more than just North Africa at the bottom would be great too. Perhaps a 2048 x 2048 map of the entire planet? I know it's a little too much to ask but I'd love it if happened.