You are Here:
server highscores

Author (Read 6617 times)

server highscores
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:46:37 pm »

Cossack

• arl hook u in the gabber
    • View Profile
I (for some reason, we will never know) found myself in a BTpro server yesterday and noticed they had a !highscore command that displays the top 5 players overall top 5 scores for each server. I personally would love to be able to see the highscores for each server. Not necessarily with a command but just to be able to see them somewhere would be awesome. It would add a new challenge and encourage good play :) Now, i know displaying the server highscores is not a new idea but i'd interested to see how/when/if you guys  would implement this and what your thoughts are :)

(ok, i'm not gunna lie i got 54 points on #3 a second ago with 4yrs/35trains and i know for a fact this would be in the top 5, i'd love to be reminded of my minor achievement every now and then  ;D)

Re: server highscores
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:58:00 pm »

iSoSyS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Such page exist but I hadn't finished it yet. But as you are nice a guy I'll tell you the url:http://www.n-ice.org/openttd/highscoreperserver.php?server=3.

Btw you got the 2nd place not the first :P

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »

Cossack

• arl hook u in the gabber
    • View Profile
ah this is awesome! thankyou :) also, i'm just pleased to be in top 5 :)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:44 pm »

kris indonesia

• View Profile
why not put the link on high score link, it's hard to find it

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 11:26:59 pm »

imus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
some suggestions for the current high score pages.

Give the advantage to the latest person to achieve the same score (instead of the first). Especially on server 7 where almost all the highscores are the same (24 and 2 times 25). This way it becomes interesting to try to get the same highscore again (and for others to do it after you as well). For the same reason as why the current total score only accounts for the past 60 days.
Someone got the same score as you? he gets the new record and you are challenged to repeat that record again (or even improve it if still possible).
It might be a good idea to also only keep track of the best (in case of equal score, the latest) record for each server per person to prevent that one player (me for example) would flood the entire list with his latest records (plenty of players would be able to flood server 7 with score 24).

Other thing i'd like to see is that the TOP 10 list would be replaced by the record for each server separately (and maybe your overall ranking with this record for the server? see previous suggestion in that regard). This gives an incentive to at least try other servers as well (if possible), while still showing your truly great efforts on the other servers. Otherwise those 2 amazing records from server 7 (25 points for Kris Indonesia and Blender) are completely unnoticed because even playing casually on any bigger server without trying to actually win there would net you in more points. So your top 10 list now represents the 10 biggest games you played instead of the 10 "best" games.

Unless if the entire new scoring system that is currently planned (?) would require this to be replaced completely anyway, in that case it's useless to implement these changes of course.