Community > General Chat

How do you decide what resources to transport?

(1/3) > >>

Solem:
So...

At the start of a game, how do you guys decide what resource to transport?

I have read, and understood that oil is the most providing resource, am I right?
Still sometimes I see players start out transporting other resources.

And as the game plays on, some wells dry out, and some really get a production boost... is there any way to predict this?

Thanx for any input on the matter!

alex879ro:
Actually coal is the most providing resource. Coal Mines grow the fastest and it has no secondary product so you also get a strong income. Also it has a big period before expiration.

How do i decide what to transport? Easily....i just look on the map...and see what type of industry is good (by the number of them) and also which one has good positioning.

Actually, there isn`t any way to predict which industry will dissapear and which will grow. Actually the dissapearing one is mostly one without servicing. But the one which will grow is impossible to find because it`s random:)

Solem:
Oh, I forgot about Coal, as I almost only play the desert goals, where there is no coal. And most of the times I see people starting out transporting the oil, but sometime they chose Copper Ore instead.

But you actually "count" (or estimate) the number of plants for the different resources, and then decide from that?

geo:
on desert the best is wood,but u have to fund lumber mills, followed by oil if i'm not mistaken...
no, u don't count, u just click on them, see how much the production is...and if it's big enough, start building...

Solem:
Yeah, obviously the lumber mill, but that always have to wait some years to have the cash...

Alright, so there is no trickery here, just plain picking a good production site, and hopefully as many of them as you can =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version