Servers > Server 6 Temperate New CityBuilder (4000 population,Easy,1980-2100)

N-ice work :)

<< < (2/3) > >>

The_Dude:
What a silly set of late night posts again  ::)

There is no valid problem with town requiring wood or storing passengers. It never was! Anyone can set as he likes. There were never any rules for city building requirements. Different approach is always welcomed and time will say if it was good and whether players like it.
Just because you are editing some CB script does not make you CB authority, so please, let others live in a way they want.

Also you are saying that town grows same speed all the time. That is wrong presumption. I played new n-iec CB for a while, and it grows significantly different when supplied or not. Obviously the script uses Town.Expand function to grow houses, and probably uses setGrowth only for the default growth, when not supplied. That is also the reason why it says Town grows every 200+ days all the time I guess, but houses count changes more often.
But you likely just didnt notice the details, I am sure it has nothing to do with your famous openttd knowledge.

--- Quote from: ST2 on April 13, 2014, 12:29:57 am ---Chucky, are you kidding with ttd players or what?

--- End quote ---

What is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to discredit Chucky or what? On what basis? Developing and testing new script? Are you speaking for the entire openttd community here? You better stop using that insidious phrase of yours.

And I think karma is very nice to show someone popularity. And if you are able to reach editing limits, you better think first before posting or delay posts to the morning, you know, when the mind is sober  ;D

ST2:
I've never claimed any authority on whatever OpenTTD field and neither trying to discredit Chucky's work, on the contrary. And that's why this thread has the name above.
but at least I've reported something (despite the fact that exagerated on the not logical stuff), with is more that what you (The_Dude) did, even after stated "I played new n-iec CB for a while"
btw, no one answers a question with 5 more questions, unless the reason is don't have an answer for it! but don't worry, you gave the answer here: "Different approach is always welcomed and time will say if it was good and whether players like it.", wich I consider valid and true.

about the Karma stuff, being able to downvote/upvote same player on same post several times... doesn't seem logical to me... unless you like fake popularity... if that, ok, I'll accept!

and about being sober, for almost 6 months (hope you can say the same)... but since I didn't knew the edit limitations, thought could update post with info I gather from the game.
all I can say is: started a company, delivered 1st demands, and wood (there was 1 close) and stopped building... but town kept growing, at same speed. when checked game again, was with 1K more pop.
and as you say, SetGrowthRate can be set to TOWN_GROWTH_NONE when not suplied... that will fix the bogus growth... and we're all glad that The_Dude suggested that
<ST2> Over and out!

Chucky:

--- Quote ---all I can say is: started a company, delivered 1st demands, and wood (there was 1 close) and stopped building... but town kept growing, at same speed. when checked game again, was with 1K more pop.

--- End quote ---
as i wrote, an "automatic growth" is enabled at testmodus! "CB-Test" means testmodus!  :P

--- Quote ---SetGrowthRate can be set to TOWN_GROWTH_NONE when not suplied... that will fix the bogus growth..

--- End quote ---

well, this came with api1.4.0, but i have programmed based on api1.3.3  :P  :P

ST2:
"well, this came with api1.4.0, but i have programmed based on api1.3.3"
well, I only know this because started working with 1.4.0-beta1, but still possible to set values ~30K(30996) - to stop town growing... even using 1.3.3 api's.

about the "CB-Test" means testmodus!, I know what it means... but players see this:

--- Quote ---<+OTTD-6> This server's name is: #00# openttd.n-ice.org #6 NEW CITYBUILDER - 4000pop|TEMPERATE|1980-2100
--- End quote ---
that's where I wonder: it's not a test CB!

but when quoting a line, make it fully, please, to don't distort the message:

--- Quote ---and as you say, SetGrowthRate can be set to TOWN_GROWTH_NONE when not suplied... that will fix the bogus growth... and we're all glad that The_Dude suggested that
--- End quote ---

<ST2> Over and out!

Chucky:

--- Quote ---that's where I wonder: it's not a test CB!

--- End quote ---

It´s a test CB! All players will see it at town gui. I have captured it for you.

n8!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version