Administration > Tournaments & Battles

Interserver tournament

(1/4) > >>

solo:
Hello n-ice people.

Most of you will not know me so i will introduce myself a little bit.
My name is solo and i have been playing openttd since a few years now. Started on ex! servers, later luukland which turned into novapolis. Sometimes play a bit on bt-pro and n-ice aswell. Also checking the websites every now and then.

So, im a player from novapolis and we have had some discussions lately to perhaps organise a tournament with teams from different servers duking it out. (most likely being novapolis/bt.pro/n-ice).  Idea behind it ofcourse being the good old 'who beats who' but also getting some more interaction with different people, seeing new tactics, improving server settings and more.

Ofcourse, as some of you know on novapolis we use server settings and rules that are far apart from the ones used on bt-pro and n-ice. Therefor, to make such a tournament happen, good agreements on settings and rules have to be made.

Before getting into to much detail; How do you guys look upon such an idea?

Gr,

solo

Batt:
Good idea. I have to return and practice then  ;)

Do you have any proposals in mind for server settings or the goal values?
Solo competition or the team play?

imus:
hi Solo, internally we were already in on this idea :) Alex has asked me to be the representative for n-ice to act as a mediator. I already had a quick word with the_dude so he knows where to find me ( on the #openttd.chat mostly). I was waiting for him to get into contact with someone from btpro to get together on how we're going to agree on the settings etc ... can I conclude from this that you are the representative from novapolis?

@Batt: nothing has been decided yet as far as i know :) But i'll be sure to put it on the forum somewhere whenever I got the required information.

solo:
Yes you can call me the novapolis representative ;).

No batt this was pure to see how intersted n-ice players are in this. Deciding settings goals rules and stuff will take some time.

For now i would think of a team effort. We should just see how it goes and perhaps plan some more games after that.

How do we proceed imus? Shall i start a new thread on Bt-pro?

imus:
That might be a good idea, although I'm not sure how active their forum is. It might be a better idea to go to their IRC channel (see chat page on our site for the server and join #btpro-chat) and while you're at it, you could join #openttd.chat and say hi to me ^.^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version